Flight info schedule remark

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Flight info schedule remark

Post by AlexiZ » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi

This one is gonna be short=) I was just wondering if it would be possible and not too much complicated for the admins to add a schedule remark graph to the flight info page, so that one could know if the flight was made ahead schedule/on time/late?

This would be really helpful for our company!

Regards,
Alex

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Flight info schedule remark

Post by alasizon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:22 am

In the integration pack, it's all set up like that for your website, however, that system is set to GMT and therefore makes all of it's decisions of early/late based on that. I believe it may be possible to implement this in the future though.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Motomad1
Flight Attendant

Post by Motomad1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:24 am

Is there a chance of making it FS Time?

Like is there some waay for the client to detect the time in Flight sim and use that rather then GMT time? (all you have to do is set the time throught FS rather then figure it with every flight.)

Only a Idea.
ImageImage

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Motomad1 wrote:Is there a chance of making it FS Time?

Like is there some waay for the client to detect the time in Flight sim and use that rather then GMT time? (all you have to do is set the time throught FS rather then figure it with every flight.)

Only a Idea.
Currently, no.

FS Time and the client are 99% of the time not compatible.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Motomad1
Flight Attendant

Post by Motomad1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:21 am

alasizon wrote:
Motomad1 wrote:Is there a chance of making it FS Time?

Only a Idea.
Currently, no.

FS Time and the client are 99% of the time not compatible.
Ok so there is no chance of that, evan with a new client?
ImageImage

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 pm

That would be something Claudio or Konny would be able to answer better than myself but I believe not because FS Time affects the time settings on the flight and causes big problems usually.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah, this feature works great in the integration pack, but only shows 10 latest flights :( Our company schedule is based on Zulu time, so we wouldn't have experienced any problems in future if the feature is added on the very VA crew centre. Hope this'll be made some day...

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 pm

GMT time is only used for logging of the flight. ie, when the flight is actually logged to the site.

early/on time/late are all based off of the FS times which get logged by the client and the early/on time/late status' are only based on arrival times. these times arent dependant on GMT because FS will adjust the time zones on there own.

look at the bottom of the integration page for the reliability, there you can select the flights to be shown from the following time periods: 24hrs, last 7 days, 15days or 30days.

as for your request of the ontime status on the main site, i would think that would be easy to be implement since it would be just on the site end, but joe, konny or dakurt would have to give further info on that.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 pm

I like this feature, too, and I think we will add that to the main website, too. Maybe also give a bonus for pilots flying on time. I'ld also use local times to compare with the schedule as this is what you see on a schedule as passenger in reality, too.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi,

One thing to bear in mind when you consider this request is the flightplans are there primarily for 'the route'. Pilots can choose to fly at any time they like using the same flightplan to give themselves their own variety to see the sim in different light conditions etc. Some days they may want to do a night flight landing at dawn, other times a flight in daylight hours or takeoff at dusk land at night etc etc etc. If you start asking pilots to fly to scheduled times, unless you create more plans for the route they will always fly it at the same time of day.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Ok, I think best would be not to show anything if the departure time is not within a 15 minutes tolerance.

emiliete1990
Ticket Agent

Post by emiliete1990 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:57 pm

hello. when I insert a flightplan in my airline FSA, is it based on Zulu time?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 pm

If you want to use the reliabilty info from the integration pack you have to enter Zulu times. If you're only using our main website then it doesn't really matter and you can choose whatever you like better.