Passenger service

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

lukas
Language Admin

Passenger service

Post by lukas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Hello,

I think that very good idea would be virtual passenger service. It would be easy to make and I think - very interesting.

The passenger service would be a site on fsairlines.net with advertisements for virtual passengers (airline would be able to create and manage virtual ads on that site, they would be created by their CEOs) and other services different for each airline. For example extended flight-booking service (fsairlines crew could create few options for each airline to choose, it would be paid by virtual money).

All users of this forum would be able to vote on each airline, rate their ads (from 0 to 10) and that virtual passenger reputation would give more and more passengers. It would be really competetive and interesting.

...because I think that now, there isn't any competition on fsairlines :( It's unrealistic.
Polish Language Admin

lukas
Language Admin

Re: Passenger service

Post by lukas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Here I created an example of advertisement for passengers:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5693/vaad.png
Polish Language Admin

lukas
Language Admin

Post by lukas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:35 pm

What do you think about my idea?
Polish Language Admin

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:58 pm

I'm on the fence for this, as far as adding a degree of realism, its a plus, as far as additional coding and memory goes its a negative. Server space is something we have to reserve for extremely important developments, in which case I don't think this one gets that acknowledgment.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Todi
Flight Attendant

Post by Todi » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:18 pm

That is a good idea, because it really lacks some of the competitive struggle.

Because it would also be an interesting idea, if the cheapest price and the route
most flights flown has the most passengers have.

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:48 am

Quite frankly I feel there are a lot more "effective" updates that could be added to the FSAirlines system that would create a greater sense of realism than just an "advertisement competitition." So no, I don't believe this update justifies the extra strain on the servers.
ImageImage

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:14 am

I would prefer to spend the limited time I have available for FSAirlines flying or managing my company. I'm not a graphic artist so I'm not interested in creating ads...... and it's only taken me two years to put a simple logo together :oops:

There are more effective ways of increasing realism that could be implemented without loading up the servers too much, add the fact that we are primarily a cargo carrier, and there you go, it's not something that does much for me.

lukas
Language Admin

Post by lukas » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:05 pm

AdmiralRolfe wrote:Quite frankly I feel there are a lot more "effective" updates that could be added to the FSAirlines system that would create a greater sense of realism than just an "advertisement competitition." So no, I don't believe this update justifies the extra strain on the servers.
Could you give me some examples of "more "effective" updates"? There isn't any competition here. This is the really disadvantage of FSAirlines.
Polish Language Admin

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Class system (first, business, economy), customizing seating, some form of sim rate limitation (direct or indirect), alliances, etc.
ImageImage

WIF1073
Flight Attendant

Post by WIF1073 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 pm

The reputation figure is already in place to act as a determining factor on your passenger load, as is ticket pricing (for competition).

Rather than being based on advertising, maybe a determination of passenger satisfaction (reputation) based on additional factors, such as punctuality, landing rate of descent, etc would be easier to incorporate along with the present penalty-based reputation.

However, with the current server loading issues I think maybe we should not expect too many additional features.

Cheers

Malcolm
Virtual Widerøe CEO