UKBB Pax waiting value

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

UKBB Pax waiting value

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:48 am

I wish to ask check up data "Airport population" for the largest airport is the capital and the largest city of Ukraine - Kiev(official municipal estimates placed the population of Kiev at about 2.7 million inhabitants) - UKBB. Today have been surprised when have seen value pax waiting it was equal to zero....

At the desire of the Ukrainian colleagues I have made flight in this airport, the quantity of expecting passengers has increased to 119... :)

At present, a start expect 1.797 passengers (Airport population 57.559) that very little for the biggest Ukrainian airport

thanks

Today, 39 international and 9 Ukrainian airlines operate regular flights on 86 routes including 12 Ukrainian routs and 74 international ones.
Boryspil International Airport State Enterprise is the main air gateway of Ukraine and shares 62% of the total volume of air passengers of Ukraine. The airport is located at an intersection of many air routes running from Asia to Europe, America and back and is the only Ukrainian airport which serves transcontinental flights. (http://airport-borispol.kiev.ua/english/greeting.html)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: UKBB Pax waiting value

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Part of the problem is the number of flights at the airport, but I have bumped up the Airport Population to more reasonable levels. I suspect the database we use to get airport populations is probably sparse in information for much of Eastern Europe as it has been for airport information so that definitely contributed to the problem.

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:54 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Part of the problem is the number of flights at the airport, but I have bumped up the Airport Population to more reasonable levels. I suspect the database we use to get airport populations is probably sparse in information for much of Eastern Europe as it has been for airport information so that definitely contributed to the problem.
Thank you very much. Would like to ask for one, whether statistics introduction on the airports is planned?

Quantity of the executed flights for a day/week, a market share on the active companies for each airport...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 am

That would be a question that Konrad or Claudio has to answer.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:38 am

Out of curiosity, where was the data gathered for the airports?
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

aserafyn
Ticket Agent

Post by aserafyn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:22 pm

UKBB pax data againe went down.If you need help,i can give you information about many of the CIS airports.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:42 pm

I will point out the issue to our developers to see if they can edit the database. I don't know where we got the information, but most freely available databases, including aviation ones, are very sparse in Eastern Europe and much of mainland Asia, so it's unfortunately not an easy fix.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:58 pm

we are using a database of cities we downloaded that list for each, population and latitude and longitude. Our database lists only one close by city (Mazyr population 112136) which I would agree is not correct. To fix this cities problem we would need the location and population of near by cities to plug into the formula. Ideally we would need to find a better database but databases that include both population and latitude and longitude are hard to come by.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

aserafyn
Ticket Agent

Post by aserafyn » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:05 pm

So if you need help with finding population's data for Ukraine,contact me.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:31 pm

We found another database that had more data points in it (152k populated places rather tan 47k) now the values for UKBB look much better.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.