Refuelling not working properly

Please report Bugs and Problems here
jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Re: Refuelling not working properly

Post by jch5pilot » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Hello,

Having just completed two flights in the A319 with another pilot (so four flights in total) we could not reproduce the problem. It is strange it has only happened the once on that LEAL - EGKK flight in the A320. I thought it might be isolated to the A320 but I had no trouble with the EGKK - LEAL flight the day before, so very odd. Seems to be happening randomly to various people based on other posts.

James

EagleJet Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi Dean,

No worries, just didn't know who you were so couldn't check things. Yes your fuel figures have same symptoms we had, hopefully Konny can fix when he pops in here.

Hi James,

Those last four flights today look good, I suspect Konny may have fixed it for you.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Started happening here now.

1st Flight

Code: Select all

Departure 	        Planned arrival 	Arrival 	        Distance 	Duration 	   Touchdown V/S
NFTF \ 00:32 	      NFNA 	        NFNA \ 01:46 	     405nm   	01:14 (1.2h) 	  -13 fpm
Fuel on departure 	Fuel on touchdown 	Fuel on arrival 	Block Fuel 	Fuel bought
9064 kg 	          5976 kg 	          5805 kg 	        3259 kg 	    7318 kg 
2nd Flight

Code: Select all

Departure 	        Planned arrival 	Arrival 	        Distance 	Duration 	   Touchdown V/S
NFNA \ 02:44 	      NFTF 	        NFTF \ 05:29 	     405nm   	02:45 (2.7h) 	  0 fpm
Fuel on departure 	Fuel on touchdown 	Fuel on arrival 	Block Fuel 	Fuel bought
6209 kg 	          2960 kg 	          2819 kg 	        3390 kg 	    3390 kg 
Two items.
1 - The Fuel bought was 6209kg-5805kg = 404kg
2 - The Time on the second flight is way out - the arrival was in fact 03:58 so should have been a Duration of 1.2h.
Should I create a support ticket for this ?

Cheers now
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi Bob,

The first flight fuel figures check out ok but the second flight is out. Did you have to do a manual upload of the report on that second flight by any chance?

Regards

John
ImageImage

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Hello John,

Not quite, the client advised the website was down, so I left it open and logged the flight when the web site became available again. Hope that helps.

Cheers now
Bob
----

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 am

Hi Bob,

Yes that helps, if the client can't upload immediately, it creates a back-up and you then select upload. Is that what you did ?

Regards

John
ImageImage

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:24 am

Hello John,

Yes I reckon that's what happened. The client didn't say it created a backup - it just offered to upload a report when the site became available again.

Cheers now
Bob
----

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:15 pm

ive had the opposite happen, i was starting a flight in the client and when i got to the refuelling part it was automatically filling up my tanks to max for some reason.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:23 pm

flightsimer wrote:ive had the opposite happen, i was starting a flight in the client and when i got to the refuelling part it was automatically filling up my tanks to max for some reason.
If you start your sim with 100% fuel, the client will show you as having selected 100% fuel. You just need to change it to where you want it and it will be adjusted when you 'Fly', then you go to the load adjustment if needed.

Regards

John
ImageImage

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Post by SJDobby » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:19 pm

I have had the same problem as Dean (we are both UKDirect pilots).

Tonight I had a flight booked in a B777-300ER G-UKIH from Toronto to Heathrow, which should have had 17,521kg on board, but the client showed only 1460kg. The previous flight to this in this aircraft (done last Sunday) seemed OK fuel-wise.

I am flying the Toronto-Heathrow route anyway, despite the fuel problem; will just have to effectively "throw away" over 16 tonnes of fuel at $1.31 a litre.

Regards
Simon
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Ok, I solved the problem with UK Direct, but the other ones still need some time...
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:54 pm

Quantum wrote:
flightsimer wrote:ive had the opposite happen, i was starting a flight in the client and when i got to the refuelling part it was automatically filling up my tanks to max for some reason.
If you start your sim with 100% fuel, the client will show you as having selected 100% fuel. You just need to change it to where you want it and it will be adjusted when you 'Fly', then you go to the load adjustment if needed.

Regards

John
no, the client was automatically adding fuel into my plane without me even hitting refuel...

like i was flying a q400 and when i got to the refuel page it already had 500kgs extra
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Hi Tyler,

I think I understand what you are saying and that sounds right. If you have started the sim with say 10,000kgs fuel on the aircraft and the database shows you have 4,000kgs remaining from last flight, the client will show initial fuel 4,000kgs with a total fuel of 10,000kgs showing. When you go to the add fuel, the figure in the add fuel box will be already filled in as 6,000kgs giving you a total of 10,000kgs as per load in your sim. If you don't want that amount then just change the 6,000kgs to whatever amount you want to add and then go fly.

Regards

John
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:27 am

Quantum wrote:Hi Tyler,

I think I understand what you are saying and that sounds right. If you have started the sim with say 10,000kgs fuel on the aircraft and the database shows you have 4,000kgs remaining from last flight, the client will show initial fuel 4,000kgs with a total fuel of 10,000kgs showing. When you go to the add fuel, the figure in the add fuel box will be already filled in as 6,000kgs giving you a total of 10,000kgs as per load in your sim. If you don't want that amount then just change the 6,000kgs to whatever amount you want to add and then go fly.

Regards

John
ok i just tested this... i started the client and it showed 2704kgs. i go to the fuel page and the tanks are automatically fueled to 100% without any input from me. its automatically taking the fuel from FS. why? wouldnt that make the get fuel from fs button pointless? and if it was made to do this, can it be changed back so it only has what actually is in the tanks on startup or have a feature that lets us choose whether we want that or not?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:38 am

Tyler,

Wow, you certainly know how to try and flog something to death don't you, lol.

The client will automatically show what is currently on your aircraft in the sim. If you start the sim with 100% then it will show 100%. Most folk will start the sim and use the client to adjust fuel, the amount is there so that you will be charged for the fuel if you 'forget' and you make no adjustments. It is an attempt to try and stop folk having full fuel and not letting the client refuel and get flights marked cheat. Whether you like it or not, you will have to learn to live with it and so far no-one else is having major issues with this. Just make the adjustment to the fuel requirement you desire.

John
ImageImage