Refuelling not working properly

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Refuelling not working properly

Post by Quantum » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:57 am

Hi,

Refuelling is not working properly, here are my findings on two flights to test, both using 'simple' refuelling.

Flight 1.

This was my first flight with new client 1.1.3 and the client correctly showed initial fuel 0f 1033kgs. I purchased 400kgs fuel, client started my flight with 1433kgs showing so lost 3kgs there - report shows fuel on departure as 1430kgs. I burnt 193kgs on the flight ending with 193 kgs. The client has given the flight report as purchasing 193 kgs and burning 193 kgs so fuel the flight report shows a discepancy here. The aircraft however has been left with the correct fuel on the database as 1237kgs. As an admin, I have fuel start and fuel finish figures visible to me and these show start fuel 1237 and finish fuel 1057kgs so this has logged 197kgs block plus the extra 3kgs the client consumed on its own.

Flight 2.

This flight was performed with the same aircraft immediately after the first flight above. When selecting flight information in the client, the client was reporting initial fuel of 103kgs although database was showing 1237kgs. Where is the client getting this 103 kgs from ? I moved the debug file out of the folder where the client is in case it was somehow reading it from an incorrect field there but no, the client still showed 103kgs tanked. So, I 'bought' the amount of fuel to bring it to the amount that was remaining in the aircraft from the previous flight to see what happened. As you can see from the flight report I lost 3kgs again as the client reports fuel on departure as 1234kgs and I was charged for the fuel that the client 'lost'. The admin figures show start fuel 1237kgs and finish fuel 1057kgs so the fuel burn of 177kgs plus the 3 kgs the client has consumed again shows ok but why was I charged for the 1131kgs to get me back to correct fuel state?

Flight 3.

There isn't a flight 3 yet, I have booked the flight but instead of having 1057kgs tanked, the client is saying I have ony 88kgs!

Hopefully one of the developers can look into this with some urgency please.

Edit, just to check something, I completely deleted the client and associated files, instaled a new client app, changed my options, started the client again and still only shows 88kgs tanked instead of 1057kgs. Aircraft info

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Refuelling not working properly

Post by Quantum » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Update :

The initial flight of an aircraft using v1.1.3 is OK but subsequent flights the fuel is all screwed up. The main problem is the client not recogninsing the correct fuel tankage from the last flight. This is evident on flights using simple and non-simple refuelling.

We need an urgent fix for this please.

Regards

John
ImageImage

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it localised just to CBFS? I've had a quick look at some flights through the flight monitor and the VA's I've looked at so far don't seem to be experiencing these descrepancies.

Regards

John
ImageImage

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Hello John,

I'm currently on a return leg NFTF-NZAA-NFTF.
I've re-fuelled via FS in each instance and used FSUIPC in the Cient - and all appears well. It does not loose or gain any fuel (+/- 2Kg) when refuelling or at the end of flights.
You are using the latest Client 1.13 aren't you ?

Cheers now
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi,

The problem has been fixed and appears to have only affected CBFS. If however anyone else notices any similar occurrences please post here so Konny can see if it's the same problem that had affected us.

Regards

John
ImageImage

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Post by jch5pilot » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Hello,

I have just experienced this. I have done three or four flights with the new client version now and this is the first time I have had it (or noticed it).

Having just done a flight from LEAL - EGKK in one of our A320's (G-EJSA), the 'initial' fuel in the client displayed 979 kg, however the aircraft information page on the website said there should have been 2227 kg in the aircraft, which is correct from the flight (EGKK - LEAL) I did last night. As a result, I made less profit from the flight as I had to pay for more fuel to be uplifted which should have already been in the aircraft.

I took a screenshot that captures both the website aircraft information page and the client fueling page next to each other just prior to the flight if you would like me to email it to you.

Regards,

James

EagleJet Airways

HERCULES37
Ticket Agent

Post by HERCULES37 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:35 pm

All my flights with the new client has false fuel remain from the last flight.
I dont know if its a problem or a new method.
If its new i prefer the old one, if not needs upgrade.

Thanks

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:47 pm

HERCULES37 wrote:All my flights with the new client has false fuel remain from the last flight.

Thanks
Theo, I just looked at your last four flights with the new client and the fuel figures add up so I'm not sure why you are saying your fuel remaining is incorrect.

Regards

John

===========================================

James,

Yes, I see you have a similar problem to what I was seeing at CBFS. Hopefully Konny will jump onto this thread in the morning and be able to see if the same problem is with your VA.

Regards

John
ImageImage

HERCULES37
Ticket Agent

Post by HERCULES37 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Quantum wrote:
HERCULES37 wrote:All my flights with the new client has false fuel remain from the last flight.

Thanks
Theo, I just looked at your last four flights with the new client and the fuel figures add up so I'm not sure why you are saying your fuel remaining is incorrect.

Regards

John

===========================================

James,

Yes, I see you have a similar problem to what I was seeing at CBFS. Hopefully Konny will jump onto this thread in the morning and be able to see if the same problem is with your VA.

Regards

John
The problem is that when i start a new flight when u push fuel u must see the fuel remaining from the last flight.
Now i see the fuel that simulator has at present time.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Quantum wrote: James,

Regards

John
Hm, I just had a look at the EagleJet Airways but everything looks alright. This must be a different problem I will check later.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Post by jch5pilot » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Hello Konny,

Would you like me to email you that screenshot I took?

I'm about to make another flight or two with one of my other pilots so we will see if we get that problem again.

Regards,

James

Dean B
Ticket Agent

Post by Dean B » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:16 pm

I've just had the same thing happen. When I booked the flight it showed my MD-11 sat at CYEG with over 9000KGs of fuel. However, when I started the Client I was down to 792KG!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:28 pm

Dean B,

What you are saying is very difficult for the developers to try and fix because.........................we don't know who you are. Please check the stickied post at the top of this forum area which explains how to attach a signature to your posts.

Regards

John
ImageImage

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm

HERCULES37 wrote:
The problem is that when i start a new flight when u push fuel u must see the fuel remaining from the last flight.
Now i see the fuel that simulator has at present time.
Theo,

That is correct, the client will show what is currently on your aircraft in the Sim. The figure that is on your aircraft at the database is the figure shown as 'Initial Fuel'. Adjust your fuel as required for your departure.

Regards

John
ImageImage

Dean B
Ticket Agent

Post by Dean B » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Quantum wrote:Dean B,
Please check the stickied post at the top of this forum area which explains how to attach a signature to your posts.

Regards

John
John,

I thought I had. I glanced across and saw [img] is on, so I typed in *URL*http://www.fsairlines.net/signatures/UKD121.png*/URL* , - replace * for [ , but due to the forums software coding uppercase image tags appear not to be recognized in signatures. Strangely enough, if you do the same in a message post it's automagically corrected. I had to shoot out so disappeared straight after hitting the Post button without checking the message.