Important Ticket Factor information

READ THIS FORUM FIRST! Here are the rules and important information for you.

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Important Ticket Factor information

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:32 pm

We have been concerned about the way the Ticket Factor (TF) has been applied at FSA and have been working on a solution to simplify things. With immediate effect all 'standard fares' on a route are the same irrespective of aircraft TF. The enhanced TF fare will be shown in the revenue calculations on the flight report having had the current TF applied to it when the report is uploaded from the client. The benefit of this is that all TF changes on the database are dynamic and are active immediately without any input needed from CEO's or Managers to change fares individually - once your fares are set you need do no more. This will also allow aircraft of differing TF's to share flightplans.

The immediate problem is that many VA's still have old 'standard fares' on routes which are higher than they should be. The affect of this is that it appears to be an extreme high fare so passenger loads will suffer. All CEO's need to reset their fares to 100% which will set them to the new standard fare. We hope to do a 'global' reset of fares to 100% within the next few hours to capture those VA's that do not subscribe to the forum. Once this 'global' reset has been done then if any VA wishes to amend their fares then they can do so in the normal way.

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Important Ticket Factor information

Post by Quantum » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Update : The global resetting of all VA fares to 100% standard has been done.

Edit : Only aircraft with TF's greater than 1 have had their fares reset.

Regards

John
ImageImage

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 pm

You guys are awesome. thanks so much for this!! I was too lazy to go back through all my flight plans and separate the aircraft type etc etc... now you've made it easy. Big kudo's to the admin team! :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 pm

thanks SO MUCH! i couldnt stand having to make 8 flights when norm. it would only need 2
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:10 pm

I would advise all operators to check the price of their tickets.
After checking the cost of our tickets, I found that about 33% had been marked DOWN BY 50% and some marked DOWN by 80% !
Here is a screen shot to show that other operators (UKD) are affected also.

And some links to further show the point :-
http://www.fsairlines.net/index.php5?st ... 695&p=2627

I'm now going to spend my time going through all 266 flights putting the costs back to what they should be, as well as revoking code shares correcting the prices and re-issuing the code shares again. Still, it will give me something to do during the long hauls :lol:

Cheers now
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi Bob,

Your glitch may be due to the fact that two aircraft with different ticket factors were sharing that plan. Easiest fix is from the FSA flightplan page : select all/edit flights/ticket price 100%/update and all your fares will be done in one click.

Regards

John
ImageImage

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi John,

I was prepared to keep the same ticket prices for all the aircraft across the fleet (make more profit/loss on some aircraft than others). Having checked through "some" of FS Airlines - there are about 72 VA's that have this problem. I'm sure they will find it when they make a 50% loss on the flight :lol: .
Having a blanket 100% price across the board is no use to me, as the routes PCI operate are all individually priced, some have high prices to keep the PAX below 100% to maximise the cargo lift, others lower to compete more effectively with local airlines.
Ah well, I'm 0.07% of the way through correcting all of them . . . . . .

Cheers now
[edit - I should also say John, that Classic British Flight Services is also suffering this problem, some of your Pacific routes are running at 33% below standard fares :P ]
Bob
----

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi Bob,

Your glitch may be due to the fact that two aircraft with different ticket factors were sharing that plan. Easiest fix is from the FSA flightplan page : select all/edit flights/ticket price 100%/update and all your fares will be done in one click.

Regards

John
worked for us, thank you! Prices all set to 105% till we crash one ... lol
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:21 pm

PCD001 wrote:Hi John,

I was prepared to keep the same ticket prices for all the aircraft across the fleet (make more profit/loss on some aircraft than others). Having checked through "some" of FS Airlines - there are about 72 VA's that have this problem. I'm sure they will find it when they make a 50% loss on the flight :lol: .
Having a blanket 100% price across the board is no use to me, as the routes PCI operate are all individually priced, some have high prices to keep the PAX below 100% to maximise the cargo lift, others lower to compete more effectively with local airlines.
Ah well, I'm 0.07% of the way through correcting all of them . . . . . .

Cheers now
[edit - I should also say John, that Classic British Flight Services is also suffering this problem, some of your Pacific routes are running at 33% below standard fares :P ]
you could set ur prices all to 100% then go in and limit the pax...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that heads up. Yes there does appear to have been a problem with the 'global' reset. I'll alert Joe to this. I know Joe tried to be selective and reset only those aircraft which had a TF greater than 1. In doing so I think unwittingly a glitch may have crept in. I've just reset all CBFS flights (7000+) which took only a few seconds once the page had loaded. I have a feeling that the only solution to this will be a reset of ALL flightplans on FSA to 100% and then let the VA's tweek from there. It may be a bit of a bother for those VA's that like to fiddle with their fares but unfortunately due to the fact that a lot of CEO's don't seem to subscribe to this forum there will be a lot of VA's losing revenue without knowing. I'll PM Joe and see what says.

Regards

John
ImageImage

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:13 pm

flightsimer wrote: you could set ur prices all to 100% then go in and limit the pax...
Ummm No. That would be very poor business practice.
For example :-
The 100% Ticket cost is $300 the aircraft takes 217 pax, I require only 150.
So using your method
100% Full fare $300 x 150 pax = $45,000
Using my method of Increasing the cost to 133% to get rid 0f 60+ pax
133% Full fare $400 x 150 pax = $60,000
So depending on the multiplier you chose this could be a difference of between $350,000 - $10,500,000 per flight - I know which model I would choose :wink:
However it does highlight how very good FS Airlines is at modelling some RW practices. There will always be "some" pax willing to pay the extra for the 3 course meal and the bottle of wine on the more expensive flight. This is how the low cost airlines and the National (full fare) carriers still manage to compete with each other. (very basic model).

Cheers now
Bob
----

MVS0204
Flight Attendant

Post by MVS0204 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:46 am

So, one VA like mine... with no "not profitable" aircrafts... where all prices have been calculated carefully for making routes competitive and get the best benefit... will LOST all those ticket prices due to all those CIAs with obsolete and non productive aircrafts. Isn't it?

Regards

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Hi Guys,

Ok, we're not sure what happened the first time round with the price reset of a/c with TF greater than one but the price reset program has been rebuilt and run again for all routes in the database. I've done a random check on CBFS flights and they look OK at 100% standard fare.

Regards

John
ImageImage

SirijusS

Post by SirijusS » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:37 pm

hello guys,

sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I think the message should be here.

Since the last update Concorde tickets cost too little (about 300$). Before the update we had set the prices to 1900$ (Don't say that's realistic, but more believable than the new price) and had 100 passangers (maximum) - that was good, we had a great profit. But because of hugh amounts of fuel used for the flight and low ticket prices, now we would only get huge losses.

So I'm asking to solve this problem :)

If there are any mistakes in the message, sorry again.

Thank you,

B.R.,

Pranas Drulis
Lithuanian Virtual Airlines

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi Pranas,

If you read the initial post again, you will see that although the fare may show low on the plan, the TF is applied in the calculation on the report. So, for Concorde (TF 6) for instance, if your fare says v$300 on the plan then the calculation in the report will show v$1800 which is the TF applied fare revenue per passenger. If you want to see the calculation for yourself just set up a Concorde training flight and you will see.

Regards

John
ImageImage