Old flight still in Client - new flight booked!

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Izak
Ticket Agent

Old flight still in Client - new flight booked!

Post by Izak » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:58 am

As can be seen from my attachment my Client is still showing the previous flight as being the booked one.
As can be seen from the background and also when logging onto the website this is not the correct flight.
Everytime this now happens and I lose out on about V$10 000 whish is getting a bit irritating!
Please advise ASAP.
Attachments
clip_image002.jpg
clip_image002.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 5335 times

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Re: Old flight still in Client - new flight booked!

Post by Brendanair » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm getting the same problem. Restarted FS2004, loaded up a Dash 8 at the new airport, set parking brakes, and then started the client. It still shows in the client the wrong location of the pilot (me) as where the previous flight began.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi,

I wonder if your ISP's are saving pages in a cache somewhere to connect quicker and it has the old client info 'saved' ? Do you have automatic login selected as an option in the client? If so, try unchecking it so that you have to log in each time you start the client. Shot in the dark I know.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Post by Brendanair » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 pm

I have a hankering it might have had to do with me pausing the sim during the flight yesterday, due to some "in flight cooking" I was undertaking. Somehow I come back now and it shows me at the correct airport.

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Post by Brendanair » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:26 pm

well never mind. It just reverted back to my original airport for some reason.

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Post by Brendanair » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:25 am

I've done a little more tinkering... it seems that when I log in with Brendanair, the client thinks I'm trying to do the old flight. However, when I log on with brendanair as the username (notice- all lower case), it shows correctly my new balance and the newly booked flight, with my pilot-character in the correct position.

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Post by Brendanair » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm

I'm thinking we might have a cache issue at hand.

I flew a booked flight twice, successfully completed it with the client, yet upon restarting of the client I'm shown the same booked flight, as if I never had left the airport. Is there any cached information that the client relies upon, other than the "saved username and password" (I've deleted the .ini files as if it were a new installation of the client).

-Brendan

Izak
Ticket Agent

Post by Izak » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:23 pm

You physically have to keep on clicking on flight information until your flight comes up so definately some sort of caching...

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Post by Brendanair » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:12 pm

okay. I clicked "flight information" until "please book a flight first" comes up, so I think the cache was cleared. I'm going to try a brief test flight to see if it worked. I think possibly my PIREPs aren't being accepted because the client is trying to send the wrong flight or something. I can't figure it out honestly, I clicking where needs to be clicked, adding parking brakes where they need to be added, etc...

Brendanair
Ticket Agent

Post by Brendanair » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:17 pm

yeah, something must not be updating. Unfortunately when I set my aircraft up, with fuel + parking brakes, then go start the client and click on "flight information," then "fly!" it shows a wildly different passenger load then the website briefing document. I have no clue where the client could be getting its information, since I'm clearing everything in the program folder that could give it information. NUTS!