Import Flightplan from text file broke?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Import Flightplan from text file broke?

Post by Quantum » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 am

Hi,

If you click the link Flightplan > Import from Text File the page doesn't load ?

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Re: Import Flightplan from text file broke?

Post by jch5pilot » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:41 am

Hello John,

I have the same problem. I sent Konny an email yesterday morning regarding this issue, although I have had no response yet.

Hopefully this will be sorted when someone gets the chance to look at it.

James

Nerenye
Ticket Agent

Post by Nerenye » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:35 am

I´ve programmed a tool to create flightplans and save them to txt

now i want to test and whats up yea tool is senseless becouse of upload doesn´t work

hmm i should test needed features before coding next time Oo

will any admin Fix this issue or doesn´t it have any upload funktion in further times?

sry for my bad english i´m from german and only well in listening english

PAV101
Ticket Agent

Post by PAV101 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi ...

I have the same problem in Parmiss Airlines .
Also we have many other problems on FSAirlines ... I'm sorry for Flynet ... That was much better than this one ...

Any body knows that when the problem will resolve ..?
Regards ...

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:34 pm

PAV101 wrote:Hi ...

I have the same problem in Parmiss Airlines .
Also we have many other problems on FSAirlines ... I'm sorry for Flynet ... That was much better than this one ...

Any body knows that when the problem will resolve ..?
Regards ...
What other problems specifically, and have you told anyone?

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

PAV101
Ticket Agent

Post by PAV101 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi ...

Many mistakes on PIREPS ... Like wrong flight duration ... wrong subtotal in profits ... wrong or negative fuel used ... aircraft values ( go to 0V$ ) ... wrong aircraft position on destination or blank positions ( aircraft do not show on destination ) ...

I know that the programing and maintainig of the such system ( FSAirlines ) is very hard ... TNX for the VA database service ... but We have these problems and I'm always checking and reporting the problems ...

So my company is now down due to unable to upload my flightplans ... and all my 45 pilot are waiting for company reopening ...

Regards ...
Khashayar ...
CEO of Parmiss Airlines .

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Sorry, but most of the problems you list are due to pilots not following instructions.

The only way you get those errors is when users do not follow the procedures we've laid out several times.

If a "wrong destination" is detected, the pilot probably either reset the flight, watched a replay, or closed his flight simulator before ending the flight fully within the client and submitting the PIREP. These can also cause wrong flight durations to be recorded.

Wrong or negative fuel used is either because the pilot if flying a flawed flight model, using the "Unlimited Fuel" option, or they have Flight Simulator paused when they start the client. All of these have been mentioned several times on the forum and on the front page of the website as causing problems.

Aircraft value errors do occur, but they get fixed in a timely manner, as do the profits calculations. Some of these things are items that can't always be avoided and take time to be resolved. If you do not have patience for this, then that's your perogative, but please don't blame the system for user-caused errors.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 pm

The problem with the flightplan import should be fixed now.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

PAV101
Ticket Agent

Post by PAV101 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Dear CAPFlyer ... Hi ...

I didn't blame anything or anyone ...
As I said before ... " I konw The programing and maintaining the system is very hard work " and these such problems are expected .

But it seems that the problems in the FSAirlines is much more than the Flynet ( maybe due to sensitivity of the DB or Client ... ) and I think ( as a user ) the flynet system was more stable and reliable than FsAirlines .

Again ... Thanks so much for your effort ... Specially for resolving flightplan upload section problem ... :D
Regards ...
Khashayar ...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:44 pm

A lot of the "instability" that has been perceived is because we've added a lot of new features to the new client and many (including you) weren't around when we were working through a lot of the teething problems with FlyNET. As a result, you didn't see the weeks and weeks of having to tweak on the system as the volume of full use by the community revealed problems that weren't detected in the limited volume closed beta (i.e. Konny and Claudio) before release.

You have to remember as well that we have some issues that have arisen simply becuase of language settings on individual computers that there is no real way to test due to the fact that the developers can't have every language pack installed on their computer and test it. The only way to find out about some of these problems is to put it into the community to test it, which is why this is called the FSAirlines Beta. FlyNET was nowhere near as stable overall as FSAirlines is. Yes, there's some code issue, but 90% of it is server-side and relatively easy to pinpoint once the problem has been identified. The client itself is doing a good job, only people not following the same procedures that were true for FlyNET is causing more problems (i.e. not closing out the flight before closing FlightSim or ending the flight in FlightSim, something that you couldn't do before).

Nerenye
Ticket Agent

Post by Nerenye » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:50 am

Thx Konny for fixing this issue so fast :)

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:13 am

Thanks Guys,well done for fixing it. :lol:
Yours Stan