taxes?

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

taxes?

Post by flightsimer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:04 am

was reading wat mike said, about filling out a report at end of year for losses due to problems... and that me got to thinking... what about having taxes that you must fill out at the end of the year, or sometime, and then you would pay taxes... and get rebates, and stuff like that...
just a thought...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:58 am

Please, this is a fun game/sim "No Taxes"
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:49 pm

tjbaughn wrote:Please, this is a fun game/sim "No Taxes"
im not thinking detailed, just a very simple version of taxes... and like i said it was just a thought... really like something that u would just put in ur yearly profit, then hit send... something simple like that... hell it could be more detailed, but if it would be then i think it would have to be an automatic thing...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Safari Air
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Safari Air » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:13 pm

what you mean income tax or landing fees?
Thanks
Geoff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:16 pm

well at first just thinking income... dont we have landing fees? if not then those can be added in...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Well we already talked about landing fees and airport fees here but never got implemented because its kind of complicated (or not enough support for that matter):
http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... ht=airport
http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... ht=airport
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:01 pm

What taxes?
To which country?
OK. I am moving my airline to Cayman islands now :p

tjbaughn
Captain

Post by tjbaughn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:08 pm

vaccaro wrote:What taxes?
To which country?
OK. I am moving my airline to Cayman islands now :p
Move over and make room for us we would be moving with you LOL! :lol:
ImageImage

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:53 pm

Say, is the airports on Cayman big enough to hold my entire fleet of Airbus A320s?
GoUS Executive Chairman

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:49 pm

yes it would be hard with certain countries doing different things... but we could just do the easy thing and just have a standard 5% of something to that affect...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:02 am

The first incarnation of American Harmony Virtual Airlines (operated under the same name, in FlyNET, by me), the original, operated for full year and made around ten billion dollars. Now, if 5% tax was to be collected, then the government will be earning underserved five million dollars...I won't allow that.
GoUS Executive Chairman

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:31 am

Miikoyan wrote:The first incarnation of American Harmony Virtual Airlines (operated under the same name, in FlyNET, by me), the original, operated for full year and made around ten billion dollars. Now, if 5% tax was to be collected, then the government will be earning underserved five million dollars...I won't allow that.
5% of ten billion would be a well deserved five hundred million, which would be a small price to pay the organization that created the environment that allowed you to earn that ten billion in the first place. But at this point there are no plans to do that.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:54 am

joefremont wrote:
Miikoyan wrote:The first incarnation of American Harmony Virtual Airlines (operated under the same name, in FlyNET, by me), the original, operated for full year and made around ten billion dollars. Now, if 5% tax was to be collected, then the government will be earning underserved five million dollars...I won't allow that.
5% of ten billion would be a well deserved five hundred million, which would be a small price to pay the organization that created the environment that allowed you to earn that ten billion in the first place. But at this point there are no plans to do that.

Ah the affect of lacking coffe is clearly shown here :oops: for the math mistake.
GoUS Executive Chairman

pita
Ticket Agent

Re: taxes?

Post by pita » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Hello,

I suggest to add these features :
- landing or gate fees, or both : depending the landing weight and airport category, like in real life.
- parking taxe : if aircraft doesn't move (change aiport) during a week or a mounth, for example, VA has to pay this taxe. So, VAs are encouraged to make the most movement possible.
- daily spent : each pilot has to pay an amount of money each day or each week. It simulates his virtual life (food, house, ...). Pilots are also encouraged to fly.

The amount and modality are to be defined by moderators. I don't totally agree with this : "never got implemented because its kind of complicated (or not enough support for that matter)". Complicated : yes, it requires reflexion to adapt the concept in a game. Not enough support : may be but doesn't matter. When moderators make a rule, they don't need always users' advise. If you implement it, everybody has to accept.

I find VAs and fellows only "win" money but there is not enough things to loose. In a game, normally, you can win or loose.

Pita

vaccaro
Captain

Re: taxes?

Post by vaccaro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:41 pm

OK.How about all those who want taxes, fuel price changes, and etc, get a copy of Airline Tycoon and have more fun than this flynet thingy?
Sometimes I never fly a month and sometimes I fly four times a day. All depending on my mood and real life burdens.

I would suggest some more interesting thing.
Let's implement a system for those who don't care about statistics and competition (thus fun fliers) so that they carry on with the current settings and their airline would not be included in the statistics.

Less competition for those who wants to run an airline while more fun for those who wants to fly and keep a logbook.

Just my 0.02 whatever currency you chose :p.