canceling of leasing from leasor side

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kimis

canceling of leasing from leasor side

Post by Kimis » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:34 pm

there should be some system to recall back leased aircraft. Lets say you see the leasee behave in bad way or it do not fly _at_all_
example - Amber airlines has leesed F100 (id 5542) to girjet airlines (id 3070), but this VA has no flights at all from registration.
Amber now has other plans and has to wait while leasing will end (jan 30, 2008). I think here could be podibility to cancel leasing, return money back and get aircraft back.

Ionathan
Captain

Post by Ionathan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 pm

I will disagree with this. For the case where the leasee treats the aircraft bad, the leasor may have set "a priori" a return state of 100% and I don't see why the leasor should care about wehter the leasee actually used the aircraft or not since receives money.

And to express my opinion, I strongly dislike the ability of the leasee to interupt the leasing agreement as simple as that. It is a commercial agrement and commercial agreements are not abandoned that simple.

With the current system the leasee gets a B744, goes for a couple of flights, gains 120 millions, with the high beginners multiplier and returns the aircraft to the leasor just paying only the first week which could be 2-3 millions. I believe it kills the market. I see no reason to even spend a couple of minutes entering my fleet page, pick an airplane, make it available for leasing and type 3-4 numbers just for 2 millions of v$. Ever since the new system is enabled most of my larger leased aircrafts are returned in a few days.

On the other hand the same climate of insecurity would be enhanced if the leasor could interupt the agreement in the same easy way. Personally speaking, I like the new additions on the leasing system, including the weekly payment, except the ability to interrupt. A leasing is an agreement and should not be easily broken by any side, leasor or leasee.
CEO
Ionathan Airlines

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:45 pm

I agree
I usually put my MD8xs in the market with weekly payment option.
If it was a 747 I should have put initial payment to the full price and weekly payments 0 ;)

FITER
Ticket Agent

Re: canceling of leasing from leasor side

Post by FITER » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi there,

Yeah I agree. I would NOT remove that option, if you put an aircraft into the leasing list, what you wanna is to be rented, and get paid for it, so it doesn´t matter if the leased A/C is flying or not (better if not, not damages).

What I'm really sick of it, is getting my Aircrafts leased with 100% shape on return, and to a specific airport, and most of people do not get it back to the agreed airport, neither shape's agreed on leasing contract. Out of this, remark that the deposit is returned automatically, with no chance to claim anything for that.

Here is my proposal, if the airline returning the aircraft does not comply with the agreed terms of contract, letting them know that the deposit amount fixed, will not be deposit on aircarft's returns.

Thanks

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:15 pm

"FITER"

This is already done. When you set an aircraft for lease, you can specify it be returned at a given state and airport and if it isn't, it will be done automatically and the necessary funds deducted from the leasee's account. You don't pay a cent.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:14 pm

For what ist's worth,
I don't think that a lease should be cancelled from the leasors side. It would totally open the leasing system up to abuse (recalling of aircraft once they'd been fuelled for example) and could also leave new airlines right in the pooh, after having leased an expensive aircraft and then having it taken away again before they'd had a chance to actually fly anywhere to make their money back, unless of course the leasor was prepared to pay a penalty, not only financial, but also reputation.
I think the leasing system, the way it operates at present is fine, and working well.