Problem with Multiplayer

General AVIATION RELATED chatter

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kristis

Problem with Multiplayer

Post by Kristis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Hello everyone!
Me and some of my friend are having one problem when we are trying to do some multiplayer flights. I have repainted Project Open Sky Boeing 737-800 and Boeing 757- 200 and shared those repaints with my friends. But when we connect to vatsim we can't see each others repaints. I see that my aircraft is repainted, but my friend whose aircraft is standing in front of me is default ( the same model,the same repaint )
What should we do to fix this problem ?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Problem with Multiplayer

Post by joefremont » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Are the repaints installed on both of your machines?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Kristis

Post by Kristis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:18 am

joefremont wrote:Are the repaints installed on both of your machines?
Yes they are.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:39 am

Hi,

As far as I am aware, as long as you both have the exact repaint and the exact aircraft.cfg entry on the exact model, the paint should show correctly. If either you or your friend have altered the .cfg entry for the repaint 'for convenience' then FS will assume it is a different paint and show the default. You might try sharing the aircraft.cfg between yourselves so that you know you are all exactly the same and see if the problem still exists. Try and narrow down the problem through a process of elimination.

To be honest, this is not a FlyNET bug or problem so I don't think it should be in this area of the forum. Maybe an admin could move this post to somewhere more appropriate.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Kristis

Post by Kristis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:55 am

I've shared the .cfg file with my friend,but i didn't help ... it's still a VIP plane named VIP_B738VIP
Quantum wrote:Hi,

As far as I am aware, as long as you both have the exact repaint and the exact aircraft.cfg entry on the exact model, the paint should show correctly. If either you or your friend have altered the .cfg entry for the repaint 'for convenience' then FS will assume it is a different paint and show the default. You might try sharing the aircraft.cfg between yourselves so that you know you are all exactly the same and see if the problem still exists. Try and narrow down the problem through a process of elimination.

To be honest, this is not a FlyNET bug or problem so I don't think it should be in this area of the forum. Maybe an admin could move this post to somewhere more appropriate.

Regards

John

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Are you using SB3 or FSINN?

Also, I've moved this thread to the General Forum as this is not a FlyNET bug.

Kristis

Post by Kristis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Thanks for the moving. All of us are using SB3
CAPFlyer wrote:Are you using SB3 or FSINN?

Also, I've moved this thread to the General Forum as this is not a FlyNET bug.

Kristis

Post by Kristis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Sorry for double posting,but doesn't anyone have any ideas regarding this problem ?

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:43 pm

Ah well, SB3 although being very easy to use, is not quite so good when it comes down to aircraft rendering.
I've had quite a few 'paper darts' flying around my screen from time to time.
I don't think SB3 looks through your installed a/c files and makes a database, I think it only looks through the VIP folder for the correct aircraft.

Reckon you have two choices :-
Make up a VIP model of the aircraft you require, with your special paint scheme, and put that in the VIP folder,
or
Use FSInn. FSInn will scan all your a/c files and makes a database of ALL of them. (It takes quite a long time). Also, if you have a very detailed paint scheme, then it will put quite a load on your cpu/graphics card and you're frame rates 'might' go down.

Best of Luck

Bob
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:26 am

Agreed. SB3 is hit-or-miss on displaying the model you want, even if everything's exactly the same. Your only choice if you want to ensure you see the right plane is either direct connection via an FSHost server or private session or use FSINN. FSINN not only builds a database and maintains it (it only takes a long time to build the very first time you use it, after that it only takes a few seconds to double check for new aircraft and set them up) and you can also pick what aircraft you want to see for each person in your MP session if you don't have the exact plane but have a similar one and FSINN doesn't pick it up immediately.