Unexplained crashes - the accident investigation thread

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Please do not mark the flight as cheated. If the Client has a problem, then you send an e-mail to support@fsairlines.net. We have explained this several times and would appreciate if CEOs and Managers would listen to this and stop doing it. There are only 2 options with "cheated" flights - accept or delete. If we delete the flight, the reputation lost because of the flight is not recovered. The only way the flight can be truly deleted and the reputation recovered is by following the proper procedure and having Konrad or Joe remove the flight from the database completely.

Erdemes

Post by Erdemes » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi,the crashed flight deleted but the reputation is still 52.Can you recover the reputation?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 pm

done
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Erdemes

Post by Erdemes » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Ok thank you very much.

redianos

Re: Unexplained crashes - the accident investigation thread

Post by redianos » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:43 pm

I had second crash at the time when i put the "Fly booked flight:Automatic cRash (fuel -1 kg)
I have about 80 flight in flynet without major problems.I dont know a logical reason for the last crashes
Flights
a) 08/04/2008 SETN-SEQU FLIGHT AEES003 IVAO network(IVAP)
This flight is no possibly chiped.I make error and i put the button :((
captain sim c130E
No traffic in area.I was in holding position when put "the fly bookes flight"

b) 11/04/2008 sequ-senl AEES005 Vatsim (Fsinn)
In parking with engines off No near buildings .(fuel -1kg)

Crash in some condition with first flight
C) Today i have a new problem I Make the Flight AEES09 SENL-SKAS .All ok Perfect report 100% but after the system tranfer the plane in SENL.
(b1900c)

AIrplane c130E captain sim
Fs realism setting: allow colision with other aircraft OFF
In parking with engines off
I am waiting for helps
If you use in Client the Fsuipc acces is no difficult to read if a crash is after 1 second or later or the used fuel is 1 kg......
And is possible to Client to set "allow colision with other aircraft".Very critical for online flights.
If wou need some help for this iam ready to try for this...:)))

Thanos Dimarakis
CEO
Aegean wings

Tomb
Flight Attendant

Post by Tomb » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:35 am

1. Equipment type
DH Comet4 (dm's)

2. RW time of crash

completely calm at 38000ft and .7 mach well within any "gust" limits

3. Were you using RW weather at the time of the crash?
yes

4. How long was the flight scheduled for?

8 hours

5. Were you using time acceleration at the time of the crash?

no but x4 had been used earlier

6. Were you using FSX or FS9?

FS9

other

i suspect loosing both right hand engines had something to do with it, i thought i had a random failure but both engines restarted and fuel panel was correctly set, the center tank was empty and both wing tank groups were balanced and feeding. no idea why i would be moved 2000miles back to EGBB without a crash in fs9, flynet produced a crash, FS9 did not, i always fly with full crash parameters on, the aircraft was in control at all times with no drama's and both right hand engines relit at the first attempt all anti icing was on and operative.

looking at the previous threads i suspect fuel had something to do with it, perhaps i was slated for an engine failure, however the implimentation caused a problem

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:46 pm

Hello everybody,

Does this problem still exsist cause the last message is from April 30....
But no.... the problem still exists.
WCG is a very small VA with 4 pilots. Three of them have problems with the client software, including me.
At the desktop the simulator (FS9 updated) crashes after approx 20-30 minutes no matter what aircraft I am flying, no matter if there is any scenery involved. Sometimes both programs crash. This does not happen on my laptop and this is a laptop with everything less than my desktop: less RAM, less Video etc etc
One (big?) difference is that the Windows Professional is installed on my laptop while the home edition is installed on my desktop.
In case of a crash no further information is given. Just a plain "does not respond" in the taskmanager.
Regards,
Ruud.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Have you tried turning off the flight tracker? This is the #1 cause of "unexplained" crashes in the client and should be the first thing tried if you experience any kind of unexplained crash.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Cheating

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:06 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Please do not mark the flight as cheated. If the Client has a problem, then you send an e-mail to info@flynet.en-studios.de.
One of the problems. My message to that address was returned. Address does not exist.
Thanks to somebody my flight has been umarked as cheated.
Regards,
Ruud.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, that post you're referencing is quite old. The current address is support@fsairlines.net.

I will go back and update the old post.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:29 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Have you tried turning off the flight tracker? This is the #1 cause of "unexplained" crashes in the client and should be the first thing tried if you experience any kind of unexplained crash.
Yes my flynet.ini looks like:
[login]
User=my user name
Password=my password
[settings]
Tracker=0

Earlier today all of a sudden the Flight Simulator screen became black and my flight in the trash again. I am not sure but I think it happens while switching fron one BGL file to another but after sometimes 20 minutes, sometime it happens after almost 2 hours.
Not using the client, nothing seriously happens.
So what is the # 2 cause ? :-)
Regards,
Ruud.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Your scenery. If it's happening while loading a new tile, then you have a scenery conflict somewhere. You need to search for duplicate AFCAD ("AF2_xxxx.bgl") files and areas that have more than one scenery on it. My guess is that you have 2 AFCAD files for some airport on that tile that keeps causing the crash and it's causing the crash. That is the most common reason for a CTD (Crash to Desktop) during scenery update.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:46 pm

You can D/L "scanafd.zip" from Avsim to find any duplicate afcad files.Hope this helps.
Yours Stan

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Stan wrote:You can D/L "scanafd.zip" from Avsim to find any duplicate afcad files.Hope this helps.
Okay after testing and scanning for duplicate BGL files I unfortunately have to inform you all, the flight simulator still crashes after approx 1,5 hours.
One last test I will perfom as on de laptop the Windows firewall is installed (the client runs normally fine) while on the desktop where the problem is, zonealarm is running. Any ideas about ZoneAlarm conflicts?
I only noticed the regularly loading of terrain etc every 5 minutes or so....
Regards,
Ruud.

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:04 pm

ruudopdeweegh wrote:One last test I will perfom as on de laptop the Windows firewall is installed (the client runs normally fine) while on the desktop where the problem is, zonealarm is running. Any ideas about ZoneAlarm conflicts?
I only noticed the regularly loading of terrain etc every 5 minutes or so....
No it's Zonealarm either. Disabling Zonealarm and Windows Firewall activated, the simul;ator crashed again and even a few minutes after departure.
This is The Great Mystery!!
Regards,
Ruud.