Client closes suddenly!

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

icarus
Ticket Agent

Client closes suddenly!

Post by icarus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:06 am

Greetings
I want to report a problem that it is the second time that happens.While Iam flying and choose to see some charts from Navigraph NDAC program suddenly the client closes,and when I try to restart says that there is no booking...I see my self then in my Company's page in Flynet that I have a booking in this flight!. The problem is that I missed the whole flight and I have to fly again ! and if I cannot make it in 24 hours i have to pay for cancellation....I can proove that i flew the flight through Vatsim pages or Vataware because I fly all my flights only online. Is there something that can be done so I should not fly again the same route and not pay for the cancellation ? I see in my directory in Flynet client that there is a file named log.out that has the latest data that i flew but there is no file with the name of mine (number) so to upload something ....I dont know if that helps but i can email the log.out just to prove that flew if that helps...

Thanks in advance

Nick E.Gerontoukos
http://flynet.turksim.org/signatures/ZEY137.png

icarus
Ticket Agent

Post by icarus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Today I tried to fly again the same flight since I didnt get any response to my problem and to avoid cancel the flight and pay. But the problem happened again. Suddenly the client closed, but I didnt show clearly the error message due to my frustration and nevres....I shall not fly again if there is no suggestion or solution because I dont want to fly double routes or paying for cancelled flights.

Iam trying to be as polite as I can dont misunderstand me please...

Nick

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:55 pm

ok, first of all sorry for your problem...what Windows Version are you running the client on? Normally, when a program gets stuck windows shows a warning message and displays some buttons what you want to do (keep on waiting, close the application...).

1. Do you sometimes see such kind of warnings, when other programs crash or do you never see something similar? (the reason why I ask this is, that there are some options in windows to automatically shutdown hung applications without waiting for a response, and maybe, when the client is busy uploading something the client looks like it's stuck to Windows, and it shuts it down without waiting some seconds for a response)

2. Is the client in a folder with a write protection? The client might crash when it wants to create some kind of debug-files, but isn't allowed to save them in the folder...

Those are the two aspects that got into my mind...
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

icarus
Ticket Agent

Post by icarus » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm

DaKurt wrote:ok, first of all sorry for your problem...what Windows Version are you running the client on? Normally, when a program gets stuck windows shows a warning message and displays some buttons what you want to do (keep on waiting, close the application...).

1. Do you sometimes see such kind of warnings, when other programs crash or do you never see something similar? (the reason why I ask this is, that there are some options in windows to automatically shutdown hung applications without waiting for a response, and maybe, when the client is busy uploading something the client looks like it's stuck to Windows, and it shuts it down without waiting some seconds for a response)

2. Is the client in a folder with a write protection? The client might crash when it wants to create some kind of debug-files, but isn't allowed to save them in the folder...

Those are the two aspects that got into my mind...
Thanks for your answer!
Client is running in Windows XP service pack 2 in my laptop. It was the first time (last time of my attempts ) that had show me a message but I was very frustrated to read it so I close it......Yes I always see messages before some program crashes..
I dont think that the client is in a folder with a write protection because created 2 files with current date and time(debug.out and log.out) that I allready emailed to you at info@flynet.en-studios.de if that helps.
Please can you consider my flight done ? I cannot stand it to fly again for the third time the same route :) Also I think that I should pay now for the cancellation....can you do something for that at least ?

Regards

Nick