Loosing Aircraft

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

UKD192

Loosing Aircraft

Post by UKD192 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:52 am

We are increasingly finding that when aircraft end their lease, they are NOT being returned to the Airline, but are put up for sale by FlyNET Aviation Inc. !
We used to get this about 1 time every two months, but the past 3 days has seen 3 aircraft disappear from our fleet and end up for sale on the Traders List by FlyNET Aviation Inc !!!

Could this be a bug, due to the fact that we have multiple fleet types now ? It seems to have started about the time we were able to modify the fleet !

Has any one else found this problem ?

Rob.
and by the looks of the signature photo I've been kicked out of the Airline as well. :P

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:31 am

Now you mention it i am pretty sure that B763 G-BNWH was one of mine and now Flynet inc. has got it up for sale on the traders list.Trouble is with such a big fleet i can,t be certain.I have started copying my Fleet lists and pasting them into Notepad to be saved in the Flynet folder but i only started doing this about a month ago.
I just checked back and i leased this aircraft to Palegre on the 18.1.2008 and now it is for sale by Flynet inc.
Perhaps it could be returned to my fleet,please.
On further examination i lay claim to the following aircraft also on traders list for sale by Flynet Inc.
TC-KOF 737
TC-DXZ 739
D-ADDA MD81
G-BNWH 767
Last edited by Stan on Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yours Stan

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:04 pm

As the unfortunately ex-CEO of Palegre I can confirm that B763 G-BNWH was leased from Manchester International Airways, and I can see more of our previously leased aircraft for sale by Flynet.

B737 TC-KOF
B739 TC-DXZ
A321 SX-DVL
A321 SX-DVO
MD81 D-ADDA
MD11 TC-BKP
MD1F TC-MLL

It may be that the owner has also gone bust, but I doubt it, we only leased from the bigger operations. Several other aircraft that we had on lease appear to have gone back to their owners. IIRC the aircraft listed were from two sub-fleets.

VAs go out of business regularly (unintentionally in our case) but leased aircraft need to go back to their owners, if not leasing becomes a very risky business, or gets priced out of all proportion to reduce risk. Also, when Palegre went under we were not a poor airline, there was money enough to compensate all owners for the loss of income from their leases.

There is another aspect too. I've started again from zero, but because of this I could easily find myself blacklisted and unable to lease additional aircraft.

TTFN
Tony
Last edited by alemaobaiano on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Please send Konny an e-mail at info@flynet.en-studios.de. What is happening is that the airline which was leasing your aircraft was closed before the end of the lease and instead of being returned, it appears they were incorrectly sent to the trader's list. Konny will be able to take care of the issue for you.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Ok, I think I fixed this bug and all aircraft once operated by Palegre have been returned to there proper owners owners, although you may have to reassign the fleets, although one of stan's had been purchased by somebody else so I gave you another identical aircraft.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MMattyK
Captain

Re: Loosing Aircraft

Post by MMattyK » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:24 pm

UKD192 wrote:Rob.
and by the looks of the signature photo I've been kicked out of the Airline as well. :P
I had a similar problem myself recently, which was found to be due to my Airline pilot ID number being changed (was originally BJA109 which got changed to BJA103... returning it to the original value (BJA109) cured the issue. Hope that helps

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:44 am

Cheers Mat,
That fixed it 8)

Rob