PMDG AP disconnection on short final

Chat about anything here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kimis

PMDG AP disconnection on short final

Post by Kimis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:31 pm

Had any one such situation when AP has been disconnected in some unknown reason during final approach, after 500 call-out, or even after 100 call-out?

Last time it happened to me just hour ago just few seconds befor touching RWY 10 at VIDP, once it was at EFHK on RWY 4L, and somewhere else, but do not remember now where.

Any ideas why it's happening?

MMattyK
Captain

May not be of much help...

Post by MMattyK » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:15 pm

I haven't had that happen on my PDMG 737-800/900 at all; however I cant use the landing speeds as suggested by the FMC for particular flap settings... anything below 135 kts, and the AP can't follow the approach as it starts to oscillate on the glide slope... have you come across this too, or is it just my poor flying 8)
Last edited by MMattyK on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:48 pm

I've searched PMDG support forum and found two posible causes but not 100%.
1. this could be result of wake turbulence if AI or other traffic flying/landing right before you - need to keep safe distance (AI traffic was on the runway still at my last situation)
2. "stearing override" setting can result disconnection of AP. but I don't have yoke and use keabord only and didn't touched it :)

landed successfuly from at second atempt.

Henry Jeckill
Ticket Agent

Post by Henry Jeckill » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:18 pm

Kimis wrote:I've searched PMDG support forum and found two posible causes but not 100%.
1. this could be result of wake turbulence if AI or other traffic flying/landing right before you - need to keep safe distance (AI traffic was on the runway still at my last situation)
2. "stearing override" setting can result disconnection of AP. but I don't have yoke and use keabord only and didn't touched it :)

landed successfuly from at second atempt.
As far as I know, wake turbulence is not simulated on flight simulator. About the second one, It could be true, just because I remenber having the AP disconected after touching, even just a bit, the joke

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:03 pm

wake turbulence isnt simulated... ive had this happen to me before also, but it was in the stock 737-800... im thinking maybe this is a FS problem. it happened about 200ft above ground and arround 1000 ft away from runway... i think thats about how far away i was... i was just around 10 secs away from touching down. i somehow was able to recover the plane just in time, because i wasnt expecting it, so i wasnt really paying attention...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Yes, Wake turbulence is not simulated by FS, but it is or could be simulated by Active Sky if you will check "simulate wake turbulence"