am holding off on this flight

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

am holding off on this flight

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:12 am

i just refueled my plane on my last flight, it was a refueling flight...

im back at kpit, and was going to head to tenerife, but when i loaded the client, it took away all of my fuel.

here is my log

when i load up the client, this is wat it says

if you look at the buttom of the client it says 243411 already loaded, but up top non of the tanks are filled. i wasnt gonna fill in the tank numbers because i figured i would be charged for it...

i think i know why this happen, or at least from wat...
on my return to kpit, which is my refueling flight, when i went to log the flight i had to manually do it. that was the first time i ever had to do it like that, but it uploaded correctly. but i guess somewhere along the line, it lost my fuel... so i need this corrected quickkly please. thanks.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:21 am

Try it again.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:32 am

ok now all fuel is completely gone from the tanks, it had been showing 1560, but now showing completely empty, but the bottom still shows im filled up

Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:49 am

It does say amount of fuel to ADD, I say fly the flight. If you end up with the wrong amount of fuel at the end we can fix it for you.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:55 am

ok i will try it... will post when its done, so should i type in the max amount of fuel in each box then?
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:10 am

If you think your AC already had enough fuel from its last stop you can leave it at zero.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:18 am

well see when i did that, it started the flight with zero amount of fuel in the tanks. i know it has enough fuel, its at 98% full.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:22 am

yeah, I just tried it myself, that does not work. Does the standard fueling (first) method not work?

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:27 am

hold on ill try it. used it once when first started but, never new how much i was putting in so ive just used detailed...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:51 am

ok with the standard fueling it finally loaded the fuel. now im not gonna fly the flight until 2marrow, but at least its working now. hopefully the leg with the standard fueling will reset the detailed fueling method and it will be right on the return trip...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:31 pm

A refueling stop is when an aircraft does not have enough fuel to make it to its final destination,in this case it would divert to another airport and put in enough fuel to finish the initial flight plus an hours reserve fuel.On your flight KBVI to KPIT you filled it to capacity at KBVI and so to land at KPIT you would have to fly to the nearest ocean to dump 200,000kg of fuel so that you would not be too heavy to land at KPIT.
Yours Stan

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:45 pm

ya thats what a refueling stop is... but not a refueling flight. refueling flight, is just going to strictly get refueled.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Standard and Detailed fueling methods are completely different.

At Standart method you enter amount of fuel to be added to present amount in tanks. you'll be charged for added (entered) amount.

At Detailed method you enter not amount to be added but final amount of fuel in tanks after refueling. you'll be charged for "final amount" - "amount before fueling".

So if there was 243411 kgs of fuel onboard and you have entered zeros at Detailed method, fuel was "dumped" back without return of money ...

By the way, real A388 would be crashed during landing with such amount of fuel onboard. You should care about maximum landing weight.

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:33 pm

Kimis wrote:..By the way, real A388 would be crashed during landing with such amount of fuel onboard. You should care about maximum landing weight.
That does not make sense to me! Imagine the scenario;

A B747-400 takes off from Kansas City, in the heart of the USA, for a long range flight. It's fuel tanks are full. As soon as it takes off it develops a serious fault, and needs to land again ASAP. Are you telling me that it would not be able to land due to being too heavy because of its full fuel tanks? It can't dump fuel because it's over land (I am lead to believe that planes can only dump fuel over large stretches of water, such as the ocean - though I must admit that I could be totally wrong. Perhaps the fuel can be dumped over land because it will evaporate before it hits the ground?) So the plane has to fly for several hours in order to either burn off the fuel, or get over the sea in order to dump fuel, and then return.

If a plane can take off with a full load, it must be able to land with a full load, surely!

Or am I totally out on this one?
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Myrm wrote:A B747-400 takes off from Kansas City, in the heart of the USA, for a long range flight. It's fuel tanks are full. As soon as it takes off it develops a serious fault, and needs to land again ASAP. Are you telling me that it would not be able to land due to being too heavy because of its full fuel tanks?
Exactly! it would just breake the gears at lest, but most probably wings or airframe would broke, all huge amount of fuel will flame out and all people would die!
It can't dump fuel because it's over land (I am lead to believe that planes can only dump fuel over large stretches of water, such as the ocean - though I must admit that I could be totally wrong. Perhaps the fuel can be dumped over land because it will evaporate before it hits the ground?) So the plane has to fly for several hours in order to either burn off the fuel, or get over the sea in order to dump fuel, and then return.
Yes, most probably it will circle around while aircraft weight will be inside of landing weight.
If a plane can take off with a full load, it must be able to land with a full load, surely!
Surely not! forces applied to construction of aircraft are absolutely different during takeoff and landing!

Maximum landing weight is not just a number for fun. it's realy important in aviation!

But we are now absolutely of topic here :)