Lost connection to FS

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

FsNovice

Lost connection to FS

Post by FsNovice » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:27 am

I'll try and keep this as calm and collected as i can in the agitated state that i am in. I was 20nm from KDEN aftera 4400nm flight from Gatwick in the uk. It was an almost 10 hour flight. On arrival, due to an FP problem, i had to select the create or open and IFR flight plan and this took me to the planner stage. I created the fp for my arrival. Fs is still running at this point. Flynet says "lost connection to FS. Flight reset to booked state" What a **** waste of time. FS never closed. How the hell is it programmed that this can occur when FS is still running. This needs resolving or explaining, whilst i calm down overnight. Wasted a day, not entirely, wasnt on deck all the time, but a rather long time and all to go wrong in the last 20nm and not of my own making, and i didnt crash.

Best regards,
A much exaserbated FSnovice

SenseiMatty

Post by SenseiMatty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:31 am

Maybe the worst idea was to think that the ATC was a good way to land at your destination.
Just leave it off, you don't need a crazy artificial intelligence to follow the arrival procedure...you are safer without it and flying with charts on your hands!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:32 am

As long as the client recognised that you landed you can manually upload a pirep, read this thread for instructions:

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1320

If you have the *.out file but not the code number send me the *.out file in a pm and I will see what I can do.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:55 am

It would have been good if that was explained before hand. I assumed that because it had returned to the main screen and was no longer logging my flight, it would in no way get logged so i gave up and didnt land. I was so infuriated that it had gone wrong so late in the day, that i simply gave up there and then. I was never aware that if such an event occured that you could continue and it would still log it. So its unlikely i have said file. I checked that thread, and it semises i would need a manual pirep code which i also dont have anyhow as this wasnt caused by database upload failure. anyhow, which .out file would you need so that i can pm it to you and see if it works! i have report.out, log.out and debug.out

Best Regards
FsNovice

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:09 pm

In your case we would be looking for 261.out, but its only produced when you complete the flight
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:49 pm

Ah right, so is that it, is it non recoverable. It stopped logging my flight so i doubt it could have tracked my landing as i heard a beep when it said "lost connection to FS" so that sounded like it had cleared up and assumed the flight has ended. It told me it was set back to booked state and then the beep went off. i have no such file called 261.out in my flynet folder.

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Sorry to bump my own thread, but any further developments, or is this cause dead in the water?

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi,

I don't think it is a client problem. I think if you pause a flight and change a setting in the sim e.g. AI traffic or something similar, when you apply the new setting FS reloads the flight with the new settings and then you continue from the pause point. I think you opening the FP section and changing something has caused FS to reload. The client would probably have seen this as a FS disconnect and reset your flight. Moral of your tale is to set the flight up correctly at the start and not change things mid flight.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:28 pm

cheers john, wisdom there!, just to check, just pausing inflight doesnt have the same effect does it? hope not as this would be bad programming, and i may need to use it next flight!!!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi,

No, pausing doesn't have the same effect, it just pauses your current session. I think anything where you change a setting probably causes the sim to reload and the client would see a flight sim disconnect as your sim reloads the revised settings.

Rgds

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

FsNovice

Post by FsNovice » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:27 pm

Ah right, cheers, i'll remember that in future!

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:32 pm

Quantum wrote:Hi,

I don't think it is a client problem. I think if you pause a flight and change a setting in the sim e.g. AI traffic or something similar, when you apply the new setting FS reloads the flight with the new settings and then you continue from the pause point. I think you opening the FP section and changing something has caused FS to reload. The client would probably have seen this as a FS disconnect and reset your flight. Moral of your tale is to set the flight up correctly at the start and not change things mid flight.

Rgds

John
FS doesn't reload flight if you are making any changes in settings and flynet keeps working fine. It was checked. Once I had to go arrounf due to an AI aircraft "stuck" on RWY. to rid it off I've switched of AI, landed and client has accepted flight as normaly