Stupid FlyNET! (Keeps Crashing)

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:02 pm

flightsimer wrote:if the problem has been fixed then you can ignore this, but i was looking at the pics, and saw the heading.... C++, if its related to C++, you might want to reinstall just C++ to ur game, and see if that works....
ROFLMAO :D :D

first I would like to suggest to google or wiki to find out what exactly is C++ :) and then write something :)

To save your and others time - C++ is a programming language, .c file is code file for it. Konny and Dakurt use this language to write client. in some cases when client crashes it shows hint that there was an error at fclose.c or other code file and even specific line of it. No one has to install or reinstall C++ compiler to run client :)
Last edited by Kimis on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:26 am

C++ can affect things though, because i have had to reinstall it before, to get a client to work.... dont know if this is gonna help, but would like to know...

and yes i was at school. My school is ranked in the top 30 in the country in leading the way for the class of the future. We have (well in the process) of switching all of our text books out with computers. currently, just computers, and history class has them, but by the end of the year, english and science will also have them in the rooms... but i always get done early in computer class, so i surf the internet since we are allowed to.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:26 am

I repeat - no one need to install C++ programming languange compiler and/or libraries to be able to run program writen in that language and compiled by it's compiler!
such message appiers for debuging purposes and only owner of source code (Konny, Dakurt) can fix that, then compile client again, and let us to download.

Our PC's would be full of C++, Turbo Pascal, Fortran, Focal, Assembler, ... list of programming languages could reach 100 ... , if such ones would be needed just to be able to run program made by it. But it isn't so!

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:41 am

flightsimer wrote:C++ can affect things though, because i have had to reinstall it before, to get a client to work.... dont know if this is gonna help, but would like to know...

and yes i was at school. My school is ranked in the top 30 in the country in leading the way for the class of the future. We have (well in the process) of switching all of our text books out with computers. currently, just computers, and history class has them, but by the end of the year, english and science will also have them in the rooms... but i always get done early in computer class, so i surf the internet since we are allowed to.
Lucky! When i was in secondary school (we call it something else) in Moscow, we didnt have any computer (save for the office, I think)
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:39 am

We had computers at my school when I was a bin lid, but they were so ancient that one member of the class had to run on the treadmill to keep them powered up! :lol:
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

IslandBum
Captain
Location: The middle of a bloody desert - surrounded by bright lights, long legged women and Paupers

Post by IslandBum » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:27 am

<--shocked at Myrm

You mean, you didnt have the steam driven ASCII computers???

ROFLMAO - thanks for the excellent laugh this morning, Myrm and Mik :wink:

Mele Keleikimaka

Leif
Ho'olu komo la kaua
Leif Harding
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Venture Hawaii PLC

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Update

Post by Myrm » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:19 pm

An update on my C++ / FlyNET Crashing problem:

I think I have found the answer; I am currently trialling a automated back up program that backs up selected folders to an external USB HDD. I have noticed that if this service is running whilst I am using the FlyNET Client, I get the aforementioned error/crash. If I disable the service prior to using FSX & FlyNET, I get no crashes. :D
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:25 pm

today had related to c++ crash, but not like others.
Had short but nice flight on my personal glider. decided to make a test of Flynet on it for landing lights and taxi overspeeding :)
after nice landing I got beep - taxi overspeeding :) but I got it becouse I've paused FS to make few shots from different view points.
Konny, you should think about extending 40 s limit to stop the plane :)
I was realy surprised that I wasn't penalised for landing lights - glider has no such ones at all, so I didn't turned them on.
And I'm surprised that I wasn't penalised for taxi speeding during takeoff (pulled by tug plane).
So actualy flynet client is friendly to gliders expect pausing after touch down :)

But... just after parking brakes has been applied I've got this message.

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:48 pm

no, after 3 atempts I could say that Client is not glider friendly....

My lights was acidently "on" during first atempt. I've pressed "L" during second one and "ding dong, you are busted". Gliders has no lights! :)
And Client has crashed same way during all three atempts just after parking brakes set.
It looks like it goes crazy as there was 0 fuel in tanks and 0 used - gliders has no fule tanks. they have only water balast tanks ! :)
And gliders can't taxi ! they are pushed or towed :)

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:53 pm

P.S. then I pressed "Ignore" on third atempt, Client has accepted flight !

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:46 am

Kimis wrote:no, after 3 atempts I could say that Client is not glider friendly....

My lights was acidently "on" during first atempt. I've pressed "L" during second one and "ding dong, you are busted". Gliders has no lights! :)
And Client has crashed same way during all three atempts just after parking brakes set.
It looks like it goes crazy as there was 0 fuel in tanks and 0 used - gliders has no fule tanks. they have only water balast tanks ! :)
And gliders can't taxi ! they are pushed or towed :)
Actually, you don't have to taxi for the flight to be recorded, only move forward. If you are towed or winch launched, then you're fine. If you try to slew to altitude, you have a problem.