Stupid FlyNET! (Keeps Crashing)

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Stupid FlyNET! (Keeps Crashing)

Post by Myrm » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi

My FlyNET client keeps crashing, and I have no idea why. I run Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Here is a screen capture of the error:

When I select "Retry" or "Ignore", FlyNET crashes :cry:

Any ideas anybody?

Many thanks.
Myrm

"Glöm inte vår Tobias" (In memory of Tobias Enroth 1999-2007)

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:18 am

have you tried reinstalling?

Also, it may have been better to choose a different topic name...since saying 'stupid FlyNET' is an insult to the developers...and it also tells a lot about your personality.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:14 pm

reinstalling of what? :)
Flynet installation is just simple copying of file which actualy changes nothing, just fresher but at your hard disk.

I'm haveing same problem time after time. usualy right after landing during taxi to gate. that makes me angry.
But Konny has wrote to me that this bug is know and is very weird. hope it could be fixed at new version of client.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:17 pm

Try flying with the tracker off.

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:14 pm

no that issue.
I allways fly with tracker of and have same kind of crash time after time.
Even today had situation when flynet simply went to "not responding" status right after parking braks set. and it was hanged so at least 5 minutes.
Thanks that I've got idea to disable wirelles card, as i found that there was some problems with internet at that moment, and client has returned to life with code for pirep upload

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Miikoyan wrote:have you tried reinstalling?...
As somebody mentioned above; there is nothing to re-install with the FlyNET client; it's simply a case of copying/moving the file to where you want it.

vaccaro wrote:Try flying with the tracker off.
Tracker? What Tracker? I have no Tracker?

Kimis wrote:...I'm haveing same problem time after time...this bug is know and is very weird. hope it could be fixed at new version of client.
Cool! Good to hear it is already being addressed.

Miikoyan wrote:...Also, it may have been better to choose a different topic name...since saying 'stupid FlyNET' is an insult to the developers...and it also tells a lot about your personality.
Yeah, whatever! Thanks for the lecture. Dad! :lol:
Myrm

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Miikoyan wrote:...Also, it may have been better to choose a different topic name...since saying 'stupid FlyNET' is an insult to the developers...and it also tells a lot about your personality.
Exactly, nobody is allowed to call our baby "stupid". She's actually pretty smart....sometimes ;-).
Kimis wrote:...I'm haveing same problem time after time...this bug is know and is very weird. hope it could be fixed at new version of client.
Hm, didn't know of this bug actually. But the error-messages indicates a problem related to the debug.out. Will check that.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Kimis

Post by Kimis » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:56 pm

yes, mine crash was realted with debug.c and I've sent report to you few weeks ago by email. you should remember in such age ! :)

But here i see fclose.c in error window

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Myrm wrote:
Miikoyan wrote:have you tried reinstalling?...
As somebody mentioned above; there is nothing to re-install with the FlyNET client; it's simply a case of copying/moving the file to where you want it.

vaccaro wrote:Try flying with the tracker off.
Tracker? What Tracker? I have no Tracker?

Cool! Good to hear it is already being addressed.

Yeah, whatever! Thanks for the lecture. Dad! :lol:
Allah........

What I meant by reinstalling is that you delete the file and re download it.

If you have never heard of tracker, you should have searched the forum. Every FlyNET has tracker. Its a matter of editing a file with which you can turn or turn off the tracker.

Also..

You are very welcome, my son! :D
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:40 pm

Image Dont call me stupid!
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:45 am

Miikoyan wrote:..You are very welcome, my son! :D
:lol: :wink:
Myrm

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 pm

if the problem has been fixed then you can ignore this, but i was looking at the pics, and saw the heading.... C++, if its related to C++, you might want to reinstall just C++ to ur game, and see if that works....
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:45 pm

flightsimer wrote:if the problem has been fixed then you can ignore this, but i was looking at the pics, and saw the heading.... C++, if its related to C++, you might want to reinstall just C++ to ur game, and see if that works....
Sorry to sound so dim, but how do I reinstall C++?

I just flew the same flight that the crash occurred on before, and this time there was no crash and FlyNET recorded the flight as it usually does. However, I have noticed that I no longer hear the motherboard beeps that mark the taxi/take-off/landing status changes in the Client, though I did hear the "bing-bong" at the end of the flight. :?
Myrm

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:10 pm

go to www.fsinsider.com . then go to where u can download SP1, there will also be a link for C++ below the link for SP1, because SP1 needs C++... sorry i cant give you the direct link, im at school and fsinsider is blocked, because its marked as a "game" site... try that and see if that works....
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Myrm
Flight Attendant

Post by Myrm » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:07 pm

flightsimer wrote:go to www.fsinsider.com . then go to where u can download SP1, there will also be a link for C++ below the link for SP1, because SP1 needs C++... sorry i cant give you the direct link, im at school and fsinsider is blocked, because its marked as a "game" site... try that and see if that works....
Many thanks for that Flightsimmer, I have located the file and installed it.

What do you mean you are surfing the Net at school? Get back to your lessons, you naughty boy, before I phone your headmaster :lol: :D
Myrm