Distance from stated Airport issue

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Distance from stated Airport issue

Post by cmdrnmartin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:05 am

I was messing around with FLYNet, trying to get it to crash, and one thing i tried was moving the plane to the ends of each runway at an airport, setting the parking brake, turning off the engines, and then trying to fly a booked flight.

I found out that at many Airports, the runways are so far from the center of the airport, that FLYNet thinks the plane isnt at the correct airport!

Denver, Houston, even Vancouver seem to have this issue. Just guessing, but Atlanta, Schipols polderbaan, and Frankfurt probably all suffer as well. Maybe just bump up the distance from the lat and long that the aircraft can be when FLYNet checks?

Second point, Takeoff rolls, what is the time limit from when you go over 25 knots to lift off? I know that at Denver (being mile high) using the 707-320, it can take all 16000 feet to get airborn, an your on the runway for about a minute and 10 seconds. Might want to change that as well, as I see some airlines have started to buy the cheaper, but underpowered heavies (Albatross, thank you for going against the grain and Getting an IL-96, that's just, yeah, so retro awesome!)

Anyways, not really bugs, just issues with the client.

Cheers,

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:42 pm

This is a Database issue.

We have two 773ERs, both purchased for 220million. Now, after Leasing them, I've found that they are now valued at 198million, the same as a standard 773. I think this might be a database issue, since they both share the same code B773, with no distiinction between the two. However, if I wanted to re-sell them, they are wotrh 220, not 198. Not entirely sure how to come up with a solution here, but I know there will be other aircraft types where this is an issue, the 767 for example, the 777LR, which again, has the same code B772 as the boeing 777-200, and 200ER. There should probably be an additional way to differentiate between the aircraft, because, I know other people will get much more agitated about losing 20 million in value overnight :D

Anyways, another minor issue.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:15 pm

Ok, concerning the airport recognition problem. Are there other airport very near to Denver, Houston and Vancouver ? Because FlyNET just takes the airport which is nearest to the current position. But anyway, who starts a flight on the runway ;-)

I'll rise the time you can need for an takeoff befor you get the taxi penalty, didn't know that there are aircrafts which need 1:10mins to get airborne, wow :-P

The aircrafts currently should be differentiated by their Database ID, but maybe I forgot to change that in a script, where they are still indentificated by the ICAO Code. I'll look into it soon.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:02 pm

Yeah, the A330 fully loaded takes quite some time to get going, I've timed it at just over minute before rotation.