An extra zero ...?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

An extra zero ...?

Post by SJDobby » Tue May 01, 2007 2:46 pm

There is an ATR-72 (F-ACVY, no owner) on the market at the moment that is valued at 155,000,000$ (ten times the "normal" value for that type) and is on the market for 139,500,000$.

Just thought someone might like to know (FlyNet admin for instance) cos I doubt anyone's gonna buy it at that price :D
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed May 02, 2007 3:44 am

Tell the VA who's selling it then. If it's on the market, then there's nothing the Admins can do since that price is set by the VA who puts it on the market.

Tekin

Post by Tekin » Wed May 02, 2007 6:42 am

No, check the brackets after after "ATR-72". It says NO OWNER :wink:

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed May 02, 2007 2:37 pm

Let me be clear about this -

WE DID NOT PUT THIS AIRCRAFT ON THE MARKET.

The ATR-72 is still in production, so any aircraft on the market were put there by an individual or VA. What apparently happened here is someone put it up for sale and then either quit the VA (thus relinquishing ownership) or they were purged last week.

If no one owns it, then it will just end up staying on the market indefinitely or until Konny gets caught up and can delete the aircraft from the database.

The price of the aircraft when it's put on the market by the DB Admins will always be about 10% below the aircraft's value as listed in the "Aircraft Types" entry for that aircraft. If it's any different than that, it was put there by a VA or individual.

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Extra zero

Post by SJDobby » Wed May 02, 2007 2:44 pm

Fair enough - but somehow the aircraft's value (rather than the sale price) got the extra zero, which as far as I'm aware is not something the owner would have had any control over?

I don't want to start a war over it, just wanted to draw it to the attention of "whomsoever it may concern".
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Extra zero

Post by cmdrnmartin » Wed May 02, 2007 8:16 pm

SJDobby wrote:I don't want to start a war over it, just wanted to draw it to the attention of "whomsoever it may concern".
Thank you, I appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention, we'll look into it :D

Cheers,

vknierim

Post by vknierim » Thu May 03, 2007 1:00 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Let me be clear about this -

WE DID NOT PUT THIS AIRCRAFT ON THE MARKET.

The ATR-72 is still in production, so any aircraft on the market were put there by an individual or VA. What apparently happened here is someone put it up for sale and then either quit the VA (thus relinquishing ownership) or they were purged last week.

If no one owns it, then it will just end up staying on the market indefinitely or until Konny gets caught up and can delete the aircraft from the database.

The price of the aircraft when it's put on the market by the DB Admins will always be about 10% below the aircraft's value as listed in the "Aircraft Types" entry for that aircraft. If it's any different than that, it was put there by a VA or individual.
This is one more example for an inapropriate response from an admin to a "normal" user who was just making a genuine remark that something is wrong in the database. I think this happens far to often in this forum. Writing in capital letters is shouting, and putting these capitals into boldface is even more rude. If you, CAPFlyer, would have read the post correctly from the beginning instead of shouting at someone else the issue could have been looked into much faster. I know that you are doing all this in your spare time and your effort is very much appreciated by me, but neither you, nor anybody else, is always right (as this response showed one more time). If you want to improve flyNET, you should better start reading posts made by other, before shouting at them.

Volker

cmdrnmartin
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by cmdrnmartin » Thu May 03, 2007 2:16 pm

VKnierim, the issue you mention is being dealt with.

SJDobby: Again, thank you for bringing it up, we've made a note of it and our DB admins will deal with it in time :D

Cheers,

(This thread could get volatile, so I'm closing it, seeing as how the issue has been dealt with. Participants can PM each other if they wish.)