Not a full aircraft? Bargin Seats Idea! VOTE TODAY :)

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Should unsold seats be filled for a less price?

YES, totally agree ...
70%
NO, don't agree ...
30%

Total votes: 23

tall_guy_pete

Not a full aircraft? Bargin Seats Idea! VOTE TODAY :)

Post by tall_guy_pete » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:15 pm

Well all, I came across this a while ago but never actually posted about it.

As in the real world airlines overbook flights as we all know! Well on flynet this doesn't happen (unless it does).

Well I have found that some of our flights have to have a large ticket price to make money on the flightplan. BUT we then lose passengers .. in turn still loosing money :( which isnt good for business.

Well how about this, if the flight plan doesn't fill all of the seats on the aircraft at the normal ticket (set by the VA) price, then I think the seats should still be filled but for a lesser price than the original price.

Just this would solve my issue of having flight plans that are struggling to make money (for example I am currently trying to sort out a flight from EGNM to FAJS as we need a lot of fuel and the ticket price has to be high for us to make profit. However once this happens the seats on the aircraft B744, seem to not fill at all causing the same effect). Hope we can do this as it would be brilliant for the smaller airlines on here to get higher in the rankings :)

It does happen in the real world!!! :)

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:30 am

Anyone want to add any comments, just it would be good to hear feedback rather than a vote result :lol:

avalonceo
Flight Attendant

Post by avalonceo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:49 am

I love the idea, then again, Im for any idea that emulated real world airline operations. Even if it would mean scaling my operation down to one plane :P. Everything from gate fee's to a fluctuating economy, fluctuating prices, plus a lot lot more. But yeah....flynets cool! (just wish i could get some more pilots!)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:06 pm

I think it would be a wash. If someone over charges on there ticket price and has extra seats, they would then sell the extra at bargain rates, the net effect would be that they would get close to the market rate for there 'average' ticket price. This would remove any incentive to set your ticket price properly.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

tall_guy_pete

Post by tall_guy_pete » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:55 am

Well it was only an idea, but thanks for the comments. I've currently got our long haul routes making money now after long tries of the honolulu route etc ...

Thanks guys for the input anyhow 8)