Availability of Aircraft

You are missing something, or have a cool idea for us ? Tell us here !

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

atleiker

Availability of Aircraft

Post by atleiker » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:59 pm

Pardon me if this has been asked and answered. I read the stickies and did a forum search, but didn't find my answer.

Is there a finite amount of available aircraft in the Flynet universe? Or can you just purchase 747 after 747 from an bottomless pool? I also don't see any Bombardier CRJ700's in the new aircraft listings, but I see some CRJ7's in the trader listings. Is this the same plane?

And this next part should probably go in the ideas forum, but if the aircraft number is not finite maybe it should be. Maybe a new aircraft should only become available after the total net worth of all airlines goes up a certain amount. For example: every time the combined net worth of all VA's increased 200,000,000,000, one of each plane would appear in the new planes list. This way everyone would have to work for their airplanes.

Or maybe do it airline by airline. You would have to place your order for a new A320 in advance. As soon as your cash holding increased to the level needed the transaction would automatically occur and your aircraft would be delivered.

Of course these last points are moot if there is already a finite system in place. And please, if I've missed the appropriate thread, by all means point me to it.

Good safe flying,

Ted

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 pm

At this time there is no limit. For current production aircraft you can buy as many as you have cash for and for out of production aircraft you can just keep requesting more be added to the market, again as long as you have the cash and don't annoy the admins too much.

Not the most realistic system I agree. Having a system were aircraft that were produced in limited numbers harder to get may have its merits, but the current philosophy is to let the airlines have the aircraft they want.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

atleiker

Post by atleiker » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:17 am

Thanks for taking the time to answer Joe. Since I don't keep up to date on this kind of info, how do I find out what is an "in production" aircraft vs one that is discontinued. And is the CRJ700 still in production?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:44 am

Yes the CRJ-700 is still listed as being in production.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.