Client sets Fuel to Zero

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

UKD192

Client sets Fuel to Zero

Post by UKD192 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:09 am

Hi,
Now either the client is doing something strange, or I'm getting stupid in my old age (or both of course :P )

1 - I'm using the standard fueling system.
2 - Check fuel and see I have ~800lbs in each tank
3 - Start client - choose Standard mode.
4 - I need about 2000lbs fuel for this flight so enter this (2000lbs)
5 - Press refuel button and client zero's the tanks and also shows zero on the client info screen.
6 - I can replicate this.

Picture 1 shows the simple 2 tank setup (Saab340) each with #800lbs (1600lbs total))
Picture 2 shows the Re-Fuel mode (at the bottom of the screen the Fuel gauges are showing 30%)
Picture 3 shows the amount entered 2000lbs still with the correct fuel in the tanks
Picture 4 after pressing the Re-Fuel button both Fuel tanks are set to zero (this can be seen on the Tank gauges and also on the FlyNET client data page.
ImageImage

Image Image

HELP :P
What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers now
Rob

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:13 am

Is your Flight Sim Paused at any time during this process?

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

New client: fuel

Post by SJDobby » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:19 am

I had the opposite problem, getting more fuel than I asked for - I elected the standard method, went for 20,000kg but my LDS767 actually received 55,000kg (it is possble that that was the amount already in my tanks when I loaded the aircraft so maybe the client didn't actually put that fuel there). I didn't actually fly the route (had to cancel it for another reason) so I don't know what the final outcome would have been once I landed.
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Chris,
No its not paused, same FSUIPC that always been there, and I did not have any other software running at the time apart from FS-Meteo. (No FSACARS, SB3 or FSInn). I'll try it again without the weather program running and see what happens.
Cheers now
Rob

ivanT3

Re: New client: fuel

Post by ivanT3 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:17 pm

SJDobby wrote:I had the opposite problem, getting more fuel than I asked for - I elected the standard method, went for 20,000kg but my LDS767 actually received 55,000kg (it is possble that that was the amount already in my tanks when I loaded the aircraft so maybe the client didn't actually put that fuel there). I didn't actually fly the route (had to cancel it for another reason) so I don't know what the final outcome would have been once I landed.
I started a new thread about this very thing. I should have posted it here. This can be the Fuel thread :) . It seems that the old standard way is now 'additive'.. It added to what I already had instead of including the amount already in the tanks, in the grand total of fuel. Perhaps this is by design?..

Ivan..................................

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:36 pm

Checked again, with no no add-on programs running.
Standard method does not work this end. Sets Fuel to Zero.
Compare method works OK. I'll use this then . . . . :mrgreen:

Ivan, the 'additive' way would be perfect as thats how it is in real life, and would let you plan for fuel stops.
We tend to fuel up (not above MTOW) at the airports with cheaper fuel and buy less at the more expensive. It would appear the 'Compare' method does not let you do this, but maybe I just don't know how it works. [later edit - Yep I didn't know how it worked ! ]

Lets see how it goes. [[later edit- It goes very well now 8) ]

Cheers now
Rob

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:52 pm

UKD192 wrote:Ivan, the 'additive' way would be perfect as thats how it is in real life, and would let you plan for fuel stops.
Actually, that's incorrect. About the only people who use an "additive" (i.e. tell you how much they want added) are the small aircraft that are fueled overwing and have no fuel gauges available outside the aircraft to determine how much is in the tank. All airliners use a "total quantity" request system where the fueler is given the final fuel load desired and he then fuels the aircraft appropriately to reach that number in accordance with the airline's fueling manual. Every airline's fueling manual is slightly different, but it is typically in procedures and total volume allowed in each tank on each aircraft not which tank is fueled when. That is determined by the manufacturer and the airlines copy that procedure exactly.

So, the original method of entering the total amount of fuel required for the airplane and the system calculating the difference and charging for that is the correct way of fueling an airliner in most cases.

UKD192

Post by UKD192 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:01 pm

Thanks for that Chris, all understood, very interesting. What I was trying to convey was the fact we cannot take fuel out. I thought our original method of fuelling gave us the "total quantity" request system ?
Anyhow, the Standard method does not work for me, but the 'Compare' method works just fine and does everything I need it to. (now that I've read the manual :P )
Think I'll stop typing and go back to flying.

Cheers
Rob