ZFW Weight Problems Client and SIM

Please report Bugs and Problems here
swipez
Ticket Agent

ZFW Weight Problems Client and SIM

Post by swipez » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:11 pm

Hello :)

so i got a weight problem with the ZFW of the Aircraft in the FS Airline Client.

The X-Plane 11 ZIBO 737-800 has a ZFW of 41413 kg like the FS Airline 738 that is correct.

So if i book a Flight in FS Airline and i dont load Cargo the Briefing ZFW is in this case:
3451214.png
3451214.png (159.17 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
61,100kg, but in the Client it wants me to load the maximum ZFW 62,700kg.

I flight the most time of it than with just 1000kg less, but sometimes i get over the maxmium landing weight in FS Airline but in the SIM im 1000kg below the maximum MLW (66.400)

What do i wrong? Or is it the client? How can i set up the client with less weight than the ZFW? It always wants me to be full

Thank you for the help (:

greez
swipez/thomas

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: ZFW Weight Problems Client and SIM

Post by joefremont » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 pm

Setting the ZFW in the client is just an advisory. If you want to set the ZFW in the sim to reflect what is booked in the manifest you can do so. If you choose to ignore it then there is no consequences. The purpose of this is to just nag those who in FSA report there aircraft is loaded up to MZFW but in the sim are flying with an empty aircraft.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

swipez
Ticket Agent

Post by swipez » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:58 pm

Uhm as far as i know you get more wheel damage because FS Airline thinks you land with overweight even if its not true. So i thought there is a trick or something to do it right for the client

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:27 am

swipez wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:58 pm
Uhm as far as i know you get more wheel damage because FS Airline thinks you land with overweight even if its not true. So i thought there is a trick or something to do it right for the client
Yes, that is true. The client will calculate the overweight penalty and any wheel damage based on what it thinks the ZFW should be rather than what it actually is in the sim, it's too easy to manipulate the ZFW in the sim, set the payload to zero while the manifest says you should be at MZFW.

Early versions of the client did not show the simulators ZFW at all. I added it relatively recently so that pilots could adjust the ZFW in there sim to be cluser to what we think it should be so they could have a little more realism, but if you choose to ignore it there is no downside.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

swipez
Ticket Agent

Post by swipez » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Okay that i understand.

But is it not possible that the client will check the Booked Flight Briefing?

Like "Okay, he got 600kg cargo and 184 Passengers the Flight Briefing ZFW is 61.6, so i will calculate with 61.6"

Sorry, maybe i dont understand it right why the Client has to caluclate always with MZFW, in my case 62.7?