Flightplan Question

Please report Bugs and Problems here
mikant
Ticket Agent

Flightplan Question

Post by mikant » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:33 pm

Hello everybody !
I hope you can understand me, because my english is not very good. The following problem or question:
When I create a flight plan, I can also enter the days of operation. Then when a pilot books a flight, he should only be able to book the flight that is scheduled for that day, right? In fact, however, the pilot is shown all flights.
For example:
Flight 001 operates on Mondays and Tuesdays. But I entered flight 001 twice in the flight plan, as it costs 100 euros on Monday and 200 euros on Tuesday. Now it's Monday and a pilot wants to book flight 001. However, he now gets both Monday and the flight on Tuesday displayed. Why ? So could you also fly Tuesday's flight on a Monday? I hope you understand what I mean. Can I set this anywhere?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Flightplan Question

Post by joefremont » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Right now the days and times on a route are just advisory, they do not restrict the pilots.

I know for me I in my VA, we created the routes to match those on old Pan American time tables, if the original flight was scheduled for Tuesday, that is what the route said, but I would not want to restrict my pilots, who have to fly around work and other real world obligations to only flying on that day.

If we ever do automated pilots, then it will be important.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

mikant
Ticket Agent

Re: Flightplan Question

Post by mikant » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:50 pm

Hello and thanks for the answer !

I understand of course that this would restrict the pilots a bit, but that would also make the whole thing more interesting.