Pause doesnt pause in MSFS

Please report Bugs and Problems here
CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Pause doesnt pause in MSFS

Post by CRGaming » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:12 am

Hi,
I hit escape to pause the sim. the flight should have taken just over an hour but i paused for 2 hours. the flight time logged as 3 hours. The clock did not pause when i paused the sim. Not sure what the solution is here. Clearly the sim clock keeps moving during a pause but the client should be able to deduct the time it was paused. is there any other way to pause in MSFS that works?
Thanks

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Pause doesnt pause in MSFS

Post by joefremont » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:25 pm

That has happened to be also, was making a short flight in daylight, SWMBO said lets go so I did, pausing the flight, by the time I got back it was dark. I think this is a fault in MSFS but it may be a design thing as they are looking to be more of a multi player environment. Active pause is worse, as your speed keeps changing, fuel is burned and the autopilot keeps making adjustments even though your aircraft stays in the same location, so when you do unpause there is a 99.99% chance your going to spin out of control and crash. There is another pause button you can map that is in between the escape and the active pause that is more like the escape/in menu pause where the aircraft is frozen but time still moves on.

All the other sims really do freeze time and its not always possible to know the game is paused, my experiments with FSUIPC and simconnect was not successful in detecting it, but that was with an early version of the sim and they may have fixed it since them.

Maybe in the next version I can revisit this but since there is no downside of over reporting hours its not going to be a high priority.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Post by CRGaming » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:11 pm

Im not sure about simconnect, but FMUIPC could detect the pause. So wouldn't it just be as simple as subtracting the time in between pause and unpause in the FS airways client regardless of the actual time? Would changing the in game time back to before the pause be a work around? (in the weather and time settings?) You say " but since there is no downside of over reporting hours its not going to be a high priority.". The whole reason i switched to a virtual airline on the FSAirlines network is to improve accuracy and make it more relativistic. Many of us use the VA logbook as a real log book to keep track of sim flights. Promotions int he airline are also based on hours. So, if i dont want to cheat this kinda is a big deal.
-cody

CRGaming
Ticket Agent

Post by CRGaming » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:24 pm

I FOUND A WORK AROUND SOLUTION:

Took off at 15:53 Zulu. Paused for 8 min during the flight but then set the clock in the weather section back 8 min before unpausing. Landed at 18:09 Zulu in real life but the touch down was marked as 17:01 Zulu in the logbook on fsairlines. The flight time is correct. For the weather menus to be accessible during pause you need to set up keys for “set pause off” and “set pause on” in the miscellaneous menu. So write down the game time when you pause. When ready to unpause reset game time to the time the pause started. Then unpause.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Glad you figured out a solution.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.