Not delivered package bug?

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

ControlledKaoz
Ticket Agent

Not delivered package bug?

Post by ControlledKaoz » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 am

Okay, so I had to cancel a flight because I am having some PC issues. So naturally I unloaded the packages so that they are available for other people. Now, I know there is a penalty for cancelling a flight. But for unloading the packages I get penalized -244.780.500v$???!?!?!?!??!?!?! WOW! Is this a bug, or is this normal? If this is not a bug, I will NOT ever touch packages again and this is a lesson well learned.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Not delivered package bug?

Post by Cat » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:19 am

There is a bit of a trick to packages - you can cancel the flight but leave them on the aircraft-do not release them! Others can then fly the flight or transfer them plane to plane as long as the aircraft that has the packages on it is not booked. There will be no penalty. You can even rebook the flight yourself and fly the flight after a reboot to fix whatever sim issue you were having. If you EXIT the Client due to a sim issue, you can start the flight over and the packages will still be there. But once you accept them and the 1 hour grace period expires, you are "on the clock" to get them delivered on time. You can also offload them to a warehouse if your VA has one at that location, but that will not 'stop the clock' for on time delivery performance. "Releasing packages" should be an absolute last resort.

FYI - here is a video I made awhile back regarding the package releasing system. Please note the ground delivery distance is now 50nm and NOT 100nm. This is part of an entire tutorial series I made for new pilots - you can find them all in Tips & Tricks / Getting Started Video section.

https://youtu.be/59Qp0i1EP2w

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Not delivered package bug?

Post by joefremont » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:23 pm

Its also best if you release as soon as possible. For the first two hours after picking up, there is no charge to release a package, but after that it goes up quickly. At 4 days you pay 100% value of the package, its a time squared function, at 2 days you pay 25%.

I have been thinking of reworking this a bit but once you pick up packages you need to move them.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.