Statistics

Please report Bugs and Problems here
BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Statistics

Post by BVU-951 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:53 am

While there is a known fault with the client, then I don't think the statistics have much meaning.
Last edited by BVU-951 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Re: Statistics

Post by ADAM-007 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:51 pm

I completely agree the statistics are meaningless.

I mean imagine a pilot crashing an Antonov 225 having flown it fully loaded over 5000nm and still earning 96mil?

Imagine complaining about another airline consistently about their flights and then copying that airline after being told to shut up about the statistics by Cat.

We can all play tit for tat here. But if were going to do that, it would be more mature to call a spade a spade. 90% of your posts recently have been you complaining about Virgin XL. Do you guys just sit there waiting on our recent flights page or something?

Isn't it interesting how when we were flying at BVG and when Bernd was also flying at BVG nothing was mentioned about an individuals flights.

Regardless why can't you do you, and we will do us.
Last edited by ADAM-007 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Carman1000
Ticket Agent

Post by Carman1000 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:52 pm

🧂

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:27 am

Gentlemen,

PLEASE ...

This is a community where we are all supposed to be enjoying a common love - flying. I have never told anyone to "shut up" so please cease and desist with such "translations".

Regarding the overall statistics, they ARE irrelevant because not every airline uses the same rules, multipliers, etc.

At the rate certain people are escalating the subject, I would caution you all to moderate and just enjoy your virtual airline. The easiest solution would be to simply remove the overall statistics engine and I do not want to see things get to that point where Joe has to take such drastic action.

So I am asking everyone, not just parties involved in any one particular dispute, to lower the volume, enjoy your virtual airline operation and just go fly and have fun.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=697

I strongly urge everyone to refresh themselves with terms of agreement regarding forum posts

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 am

Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:27 am
This is a community where we are all supposed to be enjoying a common love - flying. I have never told anyone to "shut up" so please cease and desist with such "translations".
The words shut up were not used to be exact here. But I'd take your last message to me which was also sent to the complaining party to do that all the same.
Cat wrote:
Regarding the overall statistics, they ARE irrelevant because not every airline uses the same rules, multipliers, etc.

At the rate certain people are escalating the subject, I would caution you all to moderate and just enjoy your virtual airline. The easiest solution would be to simply remove the overall statistics engine and I do not want to see things get to that point where Joe has to take such drastic action.
As I've already said to you and Joe directly, This was only brought to my attention yesterday and most of the topics Alan has started this month have been indirectly aimed and Virgin XL and its pilots.

As far as getting rid of the statistics table, Its a yes from me.
Cat wrote:
So I am asking everyone, not just parties involved in any one particular dispute, to lower the volume, enjoy your virtual airline operation and just go fly and have fun.
This will never happen until 'other people' are blocked from being able to see our Airline. This is a feature I'm now putting publicly that I'd like added. The ability to block pilots from seeing your airline similarly to how blocking someone on Facebook make you disappear from their POV.
Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:58 am
I strongly urge everyone to refresh themselves with terms of agreement regarding forum posts
I apologise for my outburst but this has been brewing for a while ever since we departed BVG. The forum posts I was shown yesterday were the final nail in the pro-verbial 'coffin' after months of them reporting our flights over and over and over.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 pm

OK, now that you have admitted in public this has been an internal squabble that has now burst out into our global world, I wash my hands of the entire affair.

You are trying to drag me into a petty argument and I refuse to take sides and will no longer be involved in this dispute.

I am done with this and with responding to either of you. end of discussion.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:41 pm

Cat wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 pm
OK, now that you have admitted in public this has been an internal squabble that has now burst out into our global world, I wash my hands of the entire affair.

You are trying to drag me into a petty argument and I refuse to take sides and will no longer be involved in this dispute.

I am done with this and with responding to either of you. end of discussion.
👍

Carman1000
Ticket Agent

Post by Carman1000 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:23 pm

ADAM-007 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 am
This is a feature I'm now putting publicly that I'd like added. The ability to block pilots from seeing your airline similarly to how blocking someone on Facebook make you disappear from their POV.
This seems like a goo idea, treat it like social media, blacklist/whitelist who can see your airline's stats! that would fix so much!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 pm

I moved the topic because it was really in the wrong section.

There is a bug in the client I am working on about cargo loading and hope to have a fix soon, as well as giving us admins a way to adjust the payload on flights where not enough fuel was loaded and after adjusting the fuel the aircraft would have been above MTOW.

The issue with crashed flights still making money is an issue I am not sure what to do with. This problem came about because of the package system. While its easy to zero out passenger and cargo income, but packages because they are all distinct objects in the database and may live over several flights I am not sure what to do with. One idea I have is to just delete them, they no longer exist, no revenue on any of the flights involved, if the crashed flight is later deleted there would be no way to get the packages back and what if those packages were already overdue and would have resulted in negative income. Again I am not sure what to do.

I am not a huge fan of hiding data, and I really don't want to add something where you can choose who gets to see your stats. I might add something to turn off the stats for your VA completely,

I don't understand why people get so worked up about the stats, if you don't like them, don't look at them. They are purely informational and have no impact on anything. It would be easy enough to just turn them off.

Please everyone lower the temperature and please don't get so worked up about what others are doing.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

ADAM-007
Flight Attendant

Post by ADAM-007 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:08 pm

joefremont wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 pm
The issue with crashed flights still making money is an issue I am not sure what to do with. This problem came about because of the package system. While its easy to zero out passenger and cargo income, but packages because they are all distinct objects in the database and may live over several flights I am not sure what to do with. One idea I have is to just delete them, they no longer exist, no revenue on any of the flights involved, if the crashed flight is later deleted there would be no way to get the packages back and what if those packages were already overdue and would have resulted in negative income. Again I am not sure what to do.
I'd say have the packages deleted from the aircraft since the aircraft has crashed surely the packages are ruined?
joefremont wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 pm
I am not a huge fan of hiding data, and I really don't want to add something where you can choose who gets to see your stats. I might add something to turn off the stats for your VA completely,

I don't understand why people get so worked up about the stats, if you don't like them, don't look at them. They are purely informational and have no impact on anything. It would be easy enough to just turn them off.

Please everyone lower the temperature and please don't get so worked up about what others are doing.
I love this idea.

The statistics have been broken on FSAirlines since I started. We use the integration pack for monthly stats to compete with each other as a friendly thing between us all.

Apologies for making this a bigger deal than it needed to be when it was brought to my attention before Alan edited the post the entire thing was clearly an attack towards us. But the outburst above was immature and I apologise for that.