Problems loading cargo jobs

Please report Bugs and Problems here

Moderator: FSAirlines Staff

Zehvra
Ticket Agent

Problems loading cargo jobs

Post by Zehvra » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Hi, I am facing an issue when trying to load cargo on my aircraft.

What I want to achieve is a setup where I am running a permanent long haul cargo route from Hong Kong to Frankfurt. At each end of this route I want to operate smaller cargo planes to do feeder and distribution flights. These flights should not be to fixed destiantions - I was thinking I could use the new charter flight feature for this.

Currently I have found many relevant jobs for VHHH in the airport package summary pages of e.g. LEBL, LIMC, LSZH - but I cannot load them.

To be specific I have an 737-800BCF in Milan (LIMC) right now and I am in Milan.

If I try to create charter flight I can select my 737. When I enter VHHH as destination I get an error message saying that VHHH is out of range for the the 737. This is obviously true (and I don't want to make a multistop flight) - but I wanted to go to Frankfurt (EDDF) carrying cargo destined for Hong Kong...

I also tried creating a route from LIMC to VHHH. But then the 737 does not appear as a selectable aircraft... So I tried moving my 747 to LIMC and then that appears as a selectable aircraft - but this is not the scenario I wanted to create...

Finally I created a route from LIMC to EDDF. Then both the 737 and 747 appear as selectable aircraft. When I select the 737 and click select packages on the next screen I get a long list of cargo jobs for Frankfurt and airports around Frankfurt - Hong Kong does not appear. If I select the 747 I get the same result.

Am I trying to do something the system is not designed for?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Problems loading cargo jobs

Post by joefremont » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:24 pm

There are two pages where you can load cargo. The one used most often is in the book flight section and its designed to be fairly easy to use, and prevent pilots from getting themselves in too much trouble, it only allows you to select packages within 200nm of your final destination.

The other is the 'Packages' under Virtual Airline and it will allow you to do basically anything, select an airport (it defaults to your current airport), , search for packages going anywhere from that airport, load them to any aircraft/warehouse at the airport.

What your describing with feeders bringing to a central hub and then long hauls taking them for the longer flights is what I had hoped VA's would do so its not unreasonable.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Zehvra
Ticket Agent

Post by Zehvra » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:49 am

Hi Joe,

Thank you very much. it works exactly as you say :D

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:28 pm

The other is the 'Packages' under Virtual Airline and it will allow you to do basically anything, select an airport (it defaults to your current airport), , search for packages going anywhere from that airport, load them to any aircraft/warehouse at the airport.
One important note - your airline CEO/admins have the ability to limit anyone in cargo loading to any specific fleet or set of fleets and / or only the aircraft the pilot has type ratings for. Pilots can only load any aircraft at any airport if their permissions are set to allow them to do so. Just FYI