The simulator crashed when passing 180 longitude.

Please report Bugs and Problems here
LeoBib81
Rampie

The simulator crashed when passing 180 longitude.

Post by LeoBib81 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:25 am

Hi guys.
When approaching 180 longitude, for example Anchorage - Magadan, the simulator crashes (in the UHMA area of ​​Anadyr) with an error on the FSAirliners.dll module. Even if I am not using the FSA client and am not booking. In all other parts of the earth, flight is normal. Please tell me someone had such a problem. How to fix this?
I have MFSX simulator FSA client 2.4.0. I believe it has to do with the timezone change!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: The simulator crashed when passing 180 longitude.

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:19 pm

Humm, I have flown across the date line both ways several times recently without problem, but then I don't use the FSX client. Try using the external client and see if you have the same problem. I am sure its not a timezone issue as the client uses UTC exclusively, but if there is a problem it would be related to longitude going from -180 to +180 but I would find that hard to believe as this part of the logic has been used for a really long time without these types of errors being reported.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: The simulator crashed when passing 180 longitude.

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Are you crossing the date line at accelerated speed? You may want to try it at 1x speed only as you get near it and then accelerate after punching across the date line. It sounds more "sim related" than FSAirlines related.

This is interesting - I have never flown international so it's a new question to me but I found this in a pilot forum:
"When you cross the IDL in real life - the time changes by 23 hours in most places, and by 22 hours in a couple others, and by 24 hours in a couple others.

Location is very important."
I would assume he is referring to "local time".

ALSO ESSENTIAL: Make sure you perform a full computer restart any time FSX crashes to desktop. You must be certain you have cleared all the memory cache.