Charter flights option

Please report Bugs and Problems here
joseramonpuga
Ticket Agent

Re: Charter flights option

Post by joseramonpuga » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:46 pm

I see , then the cargo limit also includes the pax baggage. So if I would like to limit to 3 pax (that is 55x3=165lb bags) plus 146lb of cargo, then I should limit my cargo to 165+146=311lb = 141Kg

I will try this way for next flight.
Thank you very much

joseramonpuga
Ticket Agent

Post by joseramonpuga » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:39 pm

The option "limit cargo" is not working.
airplane:BE58
I estimated 800lb of fuel for my flight thus I have to limit pax and cargo in order to keep MTOW. So I choose "limit passengers = 3" ok , it loads 3 pax ,
but when choosing "limit cargo = 141 Kg" (that includes the 165lb of the 3 pax bags) it does not load any cargo
tried also limit cargo = 200Kg and 500Kg and even 1000Kg, but cero cargo load in all the 3 cases.

it only loads cargo if I unmark "limit cargo" but in that case it loads (correctly) the 3 pax and cargo up to MZFW (659lb) but I do not want that because I would pass MTOW.

I must add that later when loading the flight (with MZFW) with the FSA client, then yes it let me take out the excess cargo in order to keep MTOW.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:32 am

joseramonpuga wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:39 pm
I estimated 800lb of fuel for my flight thus I have to limit pax and cargo in order to keep MTOW. So I choose "limit passengers = 3" ok , it loads 3 pax ,
but when choosing "limit cargo = 141 Kg" (that includes the 165lb of the 3 pax bags) it does not load any cargo
tried also limit cargo = 200Kg and 500Kg and even 1000Kg, but cero cargo load in all the 3 cases.

it only loads cargo if I unmark "limit cargo" but in that case it loads (correctly) the 3 pax and cargo up to MZFW (659lb) but I do not want that because I would pass MTOW.

I must add that later when loading the flight (with MZFW) with the FSA client, then yes it let me take out the excess cargo in order to keep MTOW.
There does seam to be an issue there, will investigate.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:37 am

As a workaround, as long as you don't have too many packages on board, let it load to MZFW and then in the client click CHANGE on the cargo and it will throw out enough generic cargo to get you down to MTOW. Just load the fuel you want and when you get the overweight in the client, click that cargo change button to toss out generic cargo.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:39 pm

joefremont wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:32 am
joseramonpuga wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:39 pm

There does seam to be an issue there, will investigate.
I finally found time to fix this. I found two problems, first was one in the form where you put in a cargo limit on the charter route, and second in the book flight mechanics where when calculating the cargo limit for the flight, while it was observing the limit on the seat configuration but not the route. Now if you load the AC with cargo and then book a flight with a lower limit its not going to block you or force you to remove packages, so be aware.

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Hi Joe,

First of all, thank you for this wonderful feature. I found out about this just recently when I went to play around with my VA settings..

Anyway, I read through the posts in this thread and I understand that you recommend to break longer flights instead of using DIVERT OPTIONS.

But for the sake of simulating what they do in real life, I am kindly asking if it's possible in the future to include the option to actually specify a stop over airport so as not to "divert".

By the way, I know that on scheduled routes, I can specify the stop over airport, but in terms of points/penalty etc, is there a difference between a scheduled stop over vs "DIVERT"?
Ian Campomanes
CEO - Philippines Virtual Airlines Group

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:07 am

Hi Joe,

I'd like to ask if there's any chance in the future to add the ability to specify a "STOP OVER" airport so we can "legally" divert to a stop over airport.

My case right now is i like to fly from RJAA to KSFO with stop over to PANC.

Would love to be able to specify PANC in the CHARTER FLIGHT OPTIONS so it will be preplanned rather than "divert".

Thank you
Ian Campomanes
CEO - Philippines Virtual Airlines Group

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:43 am

Add it to your flight route , then fly to your stopover. You do not need to use the divert tab if your intermediate stop is listed in the technical stop section as shown:

When your pilots book the flight, they will see any planned intermediate stops in the briefing document:

If you are flying on the charter route system, just use the divert tab and land at PANC. The FSAirlines system will create the 2nd flight leg automatically. FYI - there is no difference between a divert and "technical stop" as far as FSAirlines is concerned. All the technical stop does is alert the system you MIGHT be stopping here without using the divert tab. There are no penalties for using the divert tab either.

The Charter Route system was designed to allow "off route flying" and what you are describing sounds more like something that should be in the regular flight schedule if you are doing it on a regular basis.

By using the scheduled flight route system you can load packages for KSFO at RJAA more easily as any packages available going to KSFO will be first on the list. If you break this long flight into two separate flights, you might have to do some searching for those long distance packages from RJAA to KSFO (Use the package summary feature to see what is going out).

Just my opinion of course. Take it for what it is .... happy flying!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:56 am

I must agree with Sam on this. The interface for charter flights was designed to be simple to use to create basic ad-hoc routes. If you want more complex options you should create normal routes.