Charter flights option

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Edgard
Ticket Agent

Charter flights option

Post by Edgard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:11 am

Hello everyone
Why I don't get the option to make a charter flight???
Thanks for the help

Edgard
Ticket Agent

Charter flights option

Post by Edgard » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:20 am

Hello everyone
Thanks for the help

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Charter flights option

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:13 pm

Edgard wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:20 am
Hello everyone
Thanks for the help
Probably because the rank your assigned in your VA does not allow it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Why all of a sudden are people posting duplicate bug questions in the Virtual Airlines/General section, well I merged the topics. Please stop posting the same question twice.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:58 pm

I will make a quick tutorial video on setting up Charter Flights .... so all those who have subscribed to my youtube channel will get the new video notification and I'll post it with the others when done.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Checking my libraray of tutorial video's, I have already made one regarding the Charter Flight system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl-_p9TfWXU&t=316s

Edgard
Ticket Agent

Post by Edgard » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:14 am

Pasadena 12/06/20
Thank you for your help, I did everything you say in your video and the option of charter flights still does not appear
my rank at VIASA is "Chief Executive Officer"
Cap. Edgar Rotundo

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Hmmmmm, I cannot look into your edit VA settings as I am not an official FSA Administrator (maybe I should have accepted Joe's offer LOL) ...

If you open your CEO rank settings, you should have all boxes checked YES in this section ..... especially the Charter Flights in this case.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:57 pm

Then when you "book flight", you will have the option in the top to book a Charter Flight if you do not want any of the scheduled flights listed.

REMEMBER - You and the aircraft you want to fly must be in the same location and you must have the type rating for that aircraft. It is no different than flying any scheduled route.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Once or twice someone has reported they can't create a charter flight unless there is a route created first, I have not been able to reproduce this but if someone is in that state please just leave things as they are and report a support ticket saying so.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Another issue some may be having is VA's are restricting Charter Flights only to specific fleets and not airline wide. So if say Fleet A is their Charter Fleet and people have permissions to create Charter Flights in that fleet only, then they go to Fleet B and can't find the Charter Flight tab, that would explain a lot.

joseramonpuga
Ticket Agent

Post by joseramonpuga » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:22 pm

When booking a charter flight, when using the option "limit cargo" marked with 66kg, (because I can not let full cargo, i.e. unlimited cargo, and use MZFW due to MTOW limit by more fuel to load due to distance). the produced flight plan do not load any cargo. it shoud have loaded from 0 to 66Kg of cargo. ¿there is a minimum cargo size? (I am using a BE58)

Limit passengers options it works but the limit cargo options it does not seems to work.

thank you

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:02 pm

If you are limiting your cargo to 66 kg (145 lbs) in the flight planner, your passengers' bags are taking up all your cargo space. The cargo limiter INCLUDES passenger baggage so if your passenger baggage is more than the cargo limit, you will have 0 cargo capacity regardless of what limit you set.

You will make more money overall flying longer trips with smaller airplanes by breaking the trip into two or more legs and flying each of them as it's own flight. I have found the "sweet spot" for most aircraft is around 90 minutes to 2 hours After that, especially with smaller planes like the Baron, you end up making the same profit on flights that take twice as long because all of your extra ticket money goes into fuel and you are trading off cargo capacity for trip fuel.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Numbers on the Baron 58:
LBS ----------- KG
1335 payload 605
1234 cargo 560
3880 Dry 1760
5214 MZF 2365
5501 MTO 2495
5399 MLW 5399

So loaded to max zero fuel weight you can take on 287 lbs (130 kg) of fuel. That gives you about 1.9 hours of flying time fully loaded (no reserves).

On my last flight, with 4 passengers I only had 434 lbs of cargo available as bags took up 221 lbs and passengers weighed in at 679.

Mininum size package cargo packs are 88 lbs each (40 kg) and the system will fill your plane to MZFW* with "generic cargo" after packages & passengers are loaded, there is no minimum size for generic cargo. So I never try to max out my available cargo space with packages because you cannot trade them for fuel once they are on the airplane. You will have to bump a passenger.

*= only if your airline is top tier (rating 120) and your pilot rating is not excessively low. Otherwise you may not get a full airplane. Airline and Pilot reputation are very important when it comes to getting full airplanes.

Hope this may help you
Happy Flying!

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:45 pm

One more option you have available is to use the "divert" to stop for more fuel along the way. HOWEVER, you are simply adding more expenses to your long flight and your diverted flight will probably have a negative income number. By breaking the flight up into several individual charter flight segments, you get "fresh passengers buying additional tickets" and the sum of the combined legs will far exceed the revenue made from the non stop or diverted flight.