Aircraft orders (for out of production aircraft)

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Yuri
Ticket Agent

Aircraft orders (for out of production aircraft)

Post by Yuri » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:56 pm

Hello!

I want to buy for their virtual airline "Africa One V/A" (CFR) one aircraft Boeing 747-400. In the section “Orders for aircraft (for discontinued aircraft)” I placed an order for the production of one such aircraft. After some time I received a letter: "An aircraft you ordered is now on the traders list". But I could not find where to pick up the aircraft...
Earlier, when I ordered discontinued aircraft, they were, if I'm not mistaken, in the "The traders list" section at the very top above the table. But now he was not there. In the section "The traders list" in the general table, there is 1 x Boeing 747-400BCF, 1 x Boeing 747-400 Combi and 2 x Boeing 747-400ER. But they were and when I ordered the plane, and I do not need. I need only Boeing 747-400. Since I did not immediately see a letter with the notification about the appearance of the aircraft ordered by me, and only two days later, I thought that perhaps it during these two days sold as unclaimed.
And I repeated the order. This time I read the letter as soon as it arrived. But again I can't find the plane. I tried in four different browsers: Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge. Perhaps I forgot something and am looking in the wrong place - in that case, poke my nose where to pick up the plane.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Aircraft orders (for out of production aircraft)

Post by joefremont » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:39 pm

I will investigate what is going on but in the mean time I put about 10 into the market, grab them while there hot.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:07 am

On investigating this I am not sure why you had an issue. On your behalf I signed in as you, ordered another 744 and gave the ordering system a kick so that it would do it faster, and the aircraft showed up as you expected. I also advanced all the other orders by 24 hours and they showed up as well so I am not sure why you had a problem.

Yuri
Ticket Agent

Post by Yuri » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:01 am

I don't know what the problem was... Now it is solved. The plane appeared where it should have appeared.
Thanks for the help.

rwoodbc60
Ticket Agent

Post by rwoodbc60 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi, Joe. I did some research but did not find an answer to this question. When I order an aircraft from the aircraft market for out of production aircraft how is it decided where that aircraft will show up at an airport? Thanks for your time and work here at FSA. You are doing an excellent job.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:55 pm

Whenever an out of production aircraft is added to the system, either through an order or because I just feel there are not enough in the market, they are randomly placed into one of the designated 'storage airports' around the world. Those airports are:

EGBP, Kemble, England
FAUP, Upington, South Africa
KGYR, Goodyear, Arizona
KIGM, Kingman, Arizona
KMHV, Mojave, California
KROW, Roswell, New Mexico, USA
KVCV, Victorville, California
LFBT, Tarbes, France
UCFM ,Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
YBAS, Alice Springs, Australia

rwoodbc60
Ticket Agent

Post by rwoodbc60 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:08 pm

Thank you, Joe. That answers my question very well.