Wrong Airport for LYON and missing airport for LILLE (France)

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cedric
Ticket Agent

Wrong Airport for LYON and missing airport for LILLE (France)

Post by Cedric » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Hello Joe,

I noticed today LFLL was missing for Lyon city (France), instead of LFLL there's LFLY (Lyon-Bron), an old airport not anymore used for commercial flights, do you believe it's possible to have LFLL instead of LFLY?

I noticed too LFQQ was missing, it's a commercial airport for Lille city (in fact at Lesquin city) with a lot of daily flights.

Many Thanks for your great job on FSAirlines !

Have a good flight to all !

Cédric

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Wrong Airport for LYON and missing airport for LILLE (France)

Post by Cat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:16 pm

This topic has been posted many times regarding airport codes .... so just to bring you up to speed: The airport codes in FSX are currently used in FSA. Now this database is over a decade old so some codes are outdated. FSA determines your location by lat/long and not the actual code so you simply use the old code in FSA while flying to the new/current code in your sim as long as they are in the same location, plus or minus a few miles.

As time goes on and more pilots mitigate away from FSX :(, I am sure at some point Joe will have to flip the airport codes to something more current, especially now that MSFS2020 is out.

fsxmap.com is a great tool to see what the FSX code for any particular airport is.

LFQQ is in the system - you can use the AIRPORTS link down in the database section (lower left margin) to search for airports to get this type of data for each one:

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:33 pm

After my first post, I decided to check LFLL in the database and it too is already there. Maybe Joe is faster than I am and has installed them since your post and mine? :wink:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 pm

Hi All, no I did not do anything to add that airport recently. I would check to see if the code for that airport is LILLE or LFLL in MFSF, but the recent patch is still downloading.

Edit: I see the airport with the code LFLL has not changed, and is used by all the sims I have tracked.
(FS2004) (FSX) (FSX Steam) (OurAirport.com) (Prepar3d) (Prepar3d V4) (Prepar3d V5) (X-Plane 10) (X-Plane 11)

I also checked on LFQQ and yes it is in the database and its been there since FS2004, so I would like to ask what made you think that those airports were missing?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cedric
Ticket Agent

Post by Cedric » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:16 pm

HI all,

Cat, LFLL and LFLY are two differents airports.

Joe, I don't know what i could say, have check it in the "package" destination :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I PROMISE, I NEVER DO IT AGAIN. :lol:

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Cedric wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:16 pm
HI all,

Cat, LFLL and LFLY are two differents airports.

Joe, I don't know what i could say, have check it in the "package" destination :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I PROMISE, I NEVER DO IT AGAIN. :lol:
No problem, and don't promise not to do it again, it's better to discuss it than have you fume over a problem in private.

In this case they are probably not showing in the drop down lists because you don't have any routes setup to those airports.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.