Airline Insolvent

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Airline Insolvent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi Joe,

I just had a system message to say that due to a past due loan my airline is now insolvent, I don't understand what has happened, I've never applied for a loan... Occasionally I get messages about a loan connected to fuel, they're always a charge of v$1 and I guess they are the system correcting for refuelling inacuracy??? I don't pay much attention to them as they just get paid, is this insolvency issue connected to that? Cheers.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Re: Airline Insolvent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Ah, I get it now... one of my fleets had gone into negative finances, I just transferred some v$ over and the insolvent status has gone :D

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:47 pm

yes, if you have balance that goes negative or are unable to make a loan payment, your va becomes 'insolvent'. If you have finance by fleet active then any fleet going negative can cause it, if it stays that way long enough the system will turn off finance by fleet in hopes of resolving the problem.

If the 'insolvent' status lasts long enough (4-5 days I think) your VA becomes bankrupt then an admin (me) steps in to resolve it, usually by selling off some aircraft.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:01 pm

Got it now, thanks Joe, was just an oversight after creating a new fleet.