Bug with CYYT airport & FSAirliners

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cedric
Ticket Agent

Bug with CYYT airport & FSAirliners

Post by Cedric » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:17 am

I Guys,

Few days ago, I made a flight from CYVT (Montreal) to LFPG (Paris) with a fuel stop at CYYT (St John's). When parked on the cargo ramp of the fuel stop terrain (CYYT) i've just finished my flight with the FSAirlines Acars but i seen a -20% rating to have landed on a wrong airport!!!! After checking on the FSAirlines website i seen the aiport was recorded as CDC2, which is the ICAO code of the heliport of the airport! Have -20% rating on my flight for this bug arff.

It's possible to resolve this issue?

thanks all and have good flights

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Bug with CYYT airport & FSAirliners

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:46 pm

Support for technical stops is in the 2.4 beta client but not 2.3.3, if using that client be sure to press 'divert' before landing. But I should be getting the stable version of 2.4.0 out tomorrow. I am jut working on one small thing to better report the version of windows pilots are using and once I have had time to test it I will release it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cedric
Ticket Agent

Post by Cedric » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Thanks for your answer Joe but you misunderstood what i've said. The problem is CYYT is considered as CDC2 by the ACARS, i've no problem with the fuel stop =) For example, if I want to go to CYYT I have to create a flight plan for CDC2, because acars takes CYYT for CDC2.
I forgot to thank you for your job regarding FSAirliners, it's pretty cool to fly with !

JasonO
Ticket Agent

Post by JasonO » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:18 pm

I suspect the sim needs to look at what airports are in the range of the aircraft and if it detects more than two, let you confirm which one you're at prior to finalising? As long as that 'range' is still small enough it's not possible to cheat. I imagine previous Sim's have not had them that close before.
-------------------------------
PremiAir UK | CEO
🌏 www.premiair-va.uk

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:24 am

If the client thinks your going to an airport and your within 5nm it accepts it, if not it picks the closest, since CDC2 is very close to CYYT and is a very large airport if your out on the outer runway there is a chance it will get confused. If push divert and you just want to refuel, its no big deal, no penalty and in that case one airport is as good as another. But in the new client you can enter the code of the airport you are trying to divert to and it will look at the airports defined as technical stops in the flight route or even the destination of the packages you are carrying on the plane.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:47 am

We have had the same problem diverting into KPHX, Phoenix AZ. It dumped our pilot into a heliport across the freeway when she landed on the runway at KPHX.

So our COO Sam Scott posted an internal NOTAM for diverts to be used only in emergency situations. If a pilot needs a fuel stop, we will make that flight into two separate flights and this solves the problem. That was back with 2.3.3 however so I may be adding outdated information, sorry. Just wanted you to know, you are not the first to "land your jet" at a heliport. If you transfer the airplane, it should take moments and cost you $0 so you can get back out of there again.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:50 am

It would be fantastic if there was a way to make heliports only have a 1/4 mile range instead of the airport 5 mile range. That would solve a lot of issues. If you miss a heliport by 1/4 mile, you shouldn't be flying helicopters! :lol:

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:58 am

OH WAIT - If you are on a "technical fuel stop" / divert ... the system will build you a flight out automatically. A transfer might actually "break the chain" of flights and cost you millions in lost revenue.