New Feature: Type VA Rank Updatges

Please report Bugs and Problems here
AMA141
Rampie

New Feature: Type VA Rank Updatges

Post by AMA141 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 pm

Very cool Joe, investigating.

How would I do in automation what I now do on manual:

new trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft A. Has to to a 95% rating on 8 TR flights.
Air Taxi pilot: normal rating on set of aircraft A. Has to make 25 flights total for next level.
Regional trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft B, normal rating on set of aircraft A. Has to do a 95% rating on 8 TR flights on set B aircraft.
Regional Pilot: normal rating on aircraft sets AB, Has to make 100 flights total for next level.
International Trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft C, normal rating on aircraft sets AB. Has to do a 95% rating on 8 TR flights on set C aircraft.
International Pilot: normal rating on aircraft sets ABC, Has to make 500 flights total for next level.
Intercontinental Trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft D, normal rating on aircraft sets ABC. Has to do a 95% rating on 8 TR flights on set D aircraft.
Intercontinental Pilot: normal rating on aircraft sets ABCD.

The 8 TR flights start at EDDL, go across Europa with the 8th ending at EDDL again.
How would I go about to implement this in the new automation? Note that I also can not select EDDL in the "return to base" field and dont know why.

Completed all AMA challenges and races to date.
Nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
Nearly stood up to the Vicious Chicken of Bristol.
Personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: New Feature: Type VA Rank Updatges

Post by joefremont » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:03 pm

AMA141 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:24 pm
Very cool Joe, investigating.

How would I do in automation what I now do on manual:

new trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft A. Has to to a 95% rating on 8 TR flights.
Air Taxi pilot: normal rating on set of aircraft A. Has to make 25 flights total for next level.
Regional trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft B, normal rating on set of aircraft A. Has to do a 95% rating on 8 TR flights on set B aircraft.
Regional Pilot: normal rating on aircraft sets AB, Has to make 100 flights total for next level.
International Trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft C, normal rating on aircraft sets AB. Has to do a 95% rating on 8 TR flights on set C aircraft.
International Pilot: normal rating on aircraft sets ABC, Has to make 500 flights total for next level.
Intercontinental Trainee: TR rating on set of aircraft D, normal rating on aircraft sets ABC. Has to do a 95% rating on 8 TR flights on set D aircraft.
Intercontinental Pilot: normal rating on aircraft sets ABCD.

The 8 TR flights start at EDDL, go across Europa with the 8th ending at EDDL again.
How would I go about to implement this in the new automation? Note that I also can not select EDDL in the "return to base" field and dont know why.
The airports you can select in 'return to base' are limited the bases for each of your fleets, which you already have with your EU fleet. You do have to enter the number of flights and/or hours before the other promotion fields turn on. I did just find a bug where the check boxes for selecting which flights were required for advancement would not turn themselves on to be edited if the TR was already selected and automatic promotion was turned on.

When you said 'Note that I also can not select EDDL in the "return to base"' is it that the drop down was not enabled or that EDDL was not in the list?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

AMA141
Rampie

Post by AMA141 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 am

Hi Joe,

I got the base to return to figured out, was an error on my part with base of fleet set incorrect.

I think I set it up correctly, is that something you could check?

Completed all AMA challenges and races to date.
Nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
Nearly stood up to the Vicious Chicken of Bristol.
Personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:15 am

I took a look at it and for the most part they look fine, although it seems like you have selected all the aircraft marked as 'required' aircraft for advancement are also all the aircraft selected for type ratings. For instance you said:
But for #4 International Trainee the list of type ratings is identical to the list of Required aircraft for promotion.

BTW, I would rather these kind of discussions not happen in the announcement threads so I split these off and will lock the announcement thread.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.