no of pax and some feature request

Please report Bugs and Problems here
haga2000
Ticket Agent

no of pax and some feature request

Post by haga2000 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:18 pm

1) I have made an VA that will do flying to a number of small airports,
what determines the no of pax get when you book a flight?
the ticket price?
the size of destination/departure airport?
Airplane size?
I have had flights with only 1 pax in an c208, resulting in loss for the flight my muliplier is 700, the loss will also be multiplied with this number, resulting in a very great loss for such flights
Can you control the no of pax in any way.
While FS economy favours small planes with a very slow progress, FSairlines seem to favour the tubeliners and greatly so.

2) when you go into the Cargo database make a query for instance like cargo on a specific airport and max 200 kg, it lists the available cargo alfabetically based on airport code starting with 0. Could d this be change to distance from airport so that you see the cargo with the shortest transport first. or make a filtering system little more advance, transport distance pluss payment for instance.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: no of pax and some feature request

Post by joefremont » Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 pm

Well the one thing that does not affect it is aircraft size.

Ticket price, definitely, at 2.5x standard ir above, after adjusting for reputation, you won't get any passengers.

There are other things that can affect it, but not normally with a C208. Distance and how many passengers are waiting at an airport are common ones. Lots of flights leaving or arriving that either emptied the waiting bucket, or over filled the waiting bucket at the destination can play a part. But off the top of my head a high price is the first thing to look at.

Did you originally have more and did the client ask you to reduce it? If so you may be loading so much fuel there is nothing left for payload.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: no of pax and some feature request

Post by Cat » Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Also if you try to fly all First Class passengers into small airports, there wont' enough to fill even a Caravan regardless of price or airline/pilot reputation.