Problem for deactivated users

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Problem for deactivated users

Post by Alan McGaughey » Sat May 09, 2020 10:23 am

Hi Joe,

Not really a bug but an issue with the website software I guess...

One of my pilots was recently deactivated due to inactivity, the inactivity was due to hardware problems further compounded by the Corona Virus lockdown, not a major problem as he can re-join when things are sorted out but he reported that when asked to reply as to why he had not been active his reply message was immediately returned as undeliverable and was instructed to contact the FS Airlines Postmaster, however it seems that there is no way to do this from the website...

Just something I thought you might want to look into.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Problem for deactivated users

Post by Cat » Sun May 10, 2020 12:46 pm

Have him send a Private Message to Joe Fremont on this forum, I think he will need the email address he signed up with as well as his airline ID #. Please note this guarantee's nothing, I believe all such issues are handled on a case by case basis.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Sun May 10, 2020 4:39 pm

Hi Cat,

Thanks for your help but it's really not an issue for us, the pilot in question hadn't actually made any flights prior to having hardware issues so there's no loss of earnings etc and since our UK lockdown began six weeks ago he's been staying with friends as a carer so it will no doubt be some time before he can get back home to sort things out, we're expecting a statement from our government this evening an fully expect a further three weeks lockdown. I was just making it known that the website software was advising deactivated members to do something that doesn't appear to work, it certainly isn't a bug that affects the FS Airlines operations and I'm sure Joe will sort it out in due course.

Great video's by the way... I've been watching them lately, very informative, thanks very much for providing them :D

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun May 10, 2020 7:25 pm

All you need to do to keep your account active is log in. As long as they can open a web page they can do that, no flying required. If they can't do that you can send me there username or email in a support ticket or PM and I will bump there account to reset the timer.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Thu May 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Thanks Joe, I've passed that information on, will the pilot in question reappear on our roster automatically once their account is reactivated by logging in?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu May 14, 2020 7:43 pm

The first thing the system will do is bump them from your VA, they won't automatically rejoin. They will get a warning at 60 days and it takes action at 90. Once you get that first warning just log into the platform.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Fri May 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Thanks Joe, it was it appears the 90 day action that prompted the pilot to attempt a log in, however now it's obvious why it doesn't work :) He'll just need to re-join and log in regularly.

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:09 pm

Hello everyone
Just a quick question, I'm not sure why but the inactivity system does not work for us at all!!! we have users not logged in as of 2019.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:26 pm

I just checked the code. If a pilot has had 10 or more flights, and the airline is active they are not removed from the VA. But if the VA goes inactive (all the premium accounts expire) then they may be removed.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:03 pm

Hi,

Just a small thing, but since the new "Inactivity" messages were sent out, two of the pilots in my airline are shown on the overview page as last being active on May 7th of this year. Actually, one of them was active on July 5th and the other June 14th.

Not sure what is going on with that.

Probably not a big deal - just thought I'd mention it.

Regards,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

sabahassani
Ticket Agent

Post by sabahassani » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:29 am

Thank you Joe for the response. Is there any new features and control around the corner for inactivity policy for airlines? Cheers.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:56 am

The change I was working on, before the warning and deactivation would happen 60/90 days from your last login, but if you had an active premium account you would be safe, until your premium account expired, then it was till 60/90 days from your last login. What I am trying to do is make from the later of either your last login or the expiration of your premium account.