Technical stops

Please report Bugs and Problems here
spkier
Ticket Agent

Technical stops

Post by spkier » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm

Can someone explaine to me how Technical stops work?
as i understand it now it is used to land and refuel but if i land and refuel should i exit the client and start all over and refuel or will the client allow me to refuel the aircraft over agen and startup and continue my flight? (can i use the fsairlines client to refuel my aircraft at tehcnical stops?)

Also if i ever find my self in a situation that i don't need to land to refuel can i simply avoid the airport i am supposed to land on and continue to my dest
and still file a pirep?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Technical stops

Post by joefremont » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:04 pm

It gives you the option to stop but your not required to do so.

Back in the early jet era, flights going from Europe to NYC would under normal conditions just have the range to make it non stop, but if the head winds were stronger than normal they would have to stop for fuel at Gander or some place like that. So to recreate that you could have a flight your 707's from EGLL to KJFK with a technical stop at CYQX. The B703's will probably never have to use the technical stop but the B701's might.

Granted you can always press the 'Divert' button and land anywhere you want and get the same effect, but technical stops makes it so you can just land without bothering.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

spkier
Ticket Agent

Post by spkier » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:08 pm

joefremont wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:04 pm
It gives you the option to stop but your not required to do so.

Back in the early jet era, flights going from Europe to NYC would under normal conditions just have the range to make it non stop, but if the head winds were stronger than normal they would have to stop for fuel at Gander or some place like that. So to recreate that you could have a flight your 707's from EGLL to KJFK with a technical stop at CYQX. The B703's will probably never have to use the technical stop but the B701's might.

Granted you can always press the 'Divert' button and land anywhere you want and get the same effect, but technical stops makes it so you can just land without bothering.
I see thanks for explaning it to me.
Since i allredy have a thread open may i ask why there is no MD82 with pax configurations on fsairlines?
i bought 2 MD82SF from the traders list but none of them has the ability to carry passengers while there was a real world ability to convert from cargo to pax and pax to combi or cargo why can i not convert the aircraft type?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:10 am

the MD-82SF is a standard MD-82 converted to a freighter, the standard MD-82 is defiantly in the database and can carry 172 pax.

joseramonpuga
Ticket Agent

Post by joseramonpuga » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Good afternoon
when creating routes for the 20th anniversary IVAO tour for my airline there was a leg that had the option of making a stop when flying airplanes that do not have the necessary range. But when creating the route at FSairlines including that "technical stops" your system does not let me choose airplanes with lower range. So what is the use of the "technical stop" options if I can not implemented it? Am I doing something wrong? or the system is validating the range of the route against the choosing airplanes without taking into account the "technical stops" airfields?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:22 am

Yes this is something that I know I need to figure out, when I first added technical stops I turned off the range restriction, and then all these airlines were flying 2x the range of there aircraft without stopping, so I need to figure out a way to control that.

And since this is in the wrong section I will move it from General to Bugs and Problems.

ianonline
Ticket Agent

Post by ianonline » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:14 pm

I now have a route from RPLL to TNCM with options for Technical stop in KSEA, PANC, KLAX, and KSFO. Now my pilot want to fly but is prevented because out of range. Hopefully this get resolved soon
Ian Campomanes
CEO - Philippines Virtual Airlines Group