Overspeed taxi?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
fapeti
Ticket Agent

Overspeed taxi?

Post by fapeti » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:12 pm

I was taking off from LLBG and i got an overspeed taxi penalty. The time of the overspeed was 31 second before i pulled up the gears. So i was on the runway when i got the penalty!

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Overspeed taxi?

Post by Cat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:51 pm

I have had the same glitch in the past when rolling out too long too. Not a common thing but it does happen from time to time if your takeoff roll is fairly long or your landing rollout takes longer than "normal".

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:16 am

The only time I have ever got that penalty on take off run is if I have had to pause the sim while on the runway half way through the take off roll.
That is guaranteed to give you a penalty.

Without pausing during take of roll I have never seen this, and I fly Concorde at max weight which takes a LOT of runway and a rotate speed of about 190 knots.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:26 am

If this is a real problem I could try to put something in the next client so that you don't get the taxi speed penalty if throttle is above 80%.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:31 am

I don't believe it is a big enough problem to require a revised client version, and some flight models need quite a lot more than 8% to get moving at high gross weights.