Time Acceleration/Flight Hours

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Time Acceleration/Flight Hours

Post by Alan McGaughey » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been posted before, I'm sure it has but I can't seem to find a simple answer and many of the related posts are over a decade old...

I'd just like to know if when a pilot makes a flight at an increased sim rate, are the pilot hours awarded for the theoretical flight time or the actual real time spent making the flight?

I can see that if it's the theoretical time this could be open to abuse by those who wish to build up large amounts of flight hours without actually flying those hours, a bit unfair to those in the same VA making the most realistic flights...

Any clarification would be most appreciated, thanks.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Time Acceleration/Flight Hours

Post by joefremont » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Well it depends.

In the signature icon its raw numbers, but in the database -> Statistics page hours are reduced by the multiplier.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:23 pm

Thanks for that Joe, when you say reduced by the multiplier I guess you mean the sim rate multiplier? So that brings the figure back to a true representation of the actual hours spent in sim?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:33 pm

It sort of would be nice if the client calculated the actual hours but right now it does not. In places where it reduces it by the acceleration rate, if its a four hour flight but one hour is spent at 1x and three 'hours' spent at 4x the reduced time is a total of one hour, where it would be nice if it showed somewhere you really spent an hour and 45 minutes. Maybe in a future project.

Alan McGaughey
Ticket Agent

Post by Alan McGaughey » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:35 am

Thanks for that clarification Joe, I see how the calculation is done now... actually that in itself is probably a deterrent to the sort of 'hours building' behaviour I mentioned earlier, my concerns have been appeased, but as you say it would be nice just for he record to know how many actual hours had been devoted.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:41 pm

'Hours' is always a relative thing. What is the difference between the pilot who flies across an 8 hour transatlantic flight mostly at x16 and the pilot who does the same flight at 1x but is way from the computer for 7.5 hours. To me there is no difference.