3 Different PC-12s?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cat
Chief Pilot

3 Different PC-12s?

Post by Cat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:21 pm

This is not really a bug, but it's a problem. There is no such thing as a "cargo" PC12. They only make one, it's now the upgraded PC-12 NGX. It is fully convertible to fit whatever mission the owner desires. Up to 10 pax (9 in the back, one in the right front seat), 2236 lbs of payload.

I see no reason I should have to buy two for my small operation when I want to fly either cargo or passengers. The NGX has a huge cargo door equal to if not larger than the Cessna 208 Caravan.

For more information on the real Pilatus PC-12: https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/en/fly/pc-12

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: 3 Different PC-12s?

Post by joefremont » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Interesting, someone asked me to add a CG version and now I see nobody has one.
I think it makes sense to have a separate /45 and NGX version but maybe the cargo version is not really needed.
I am going to be travelling next week so may not be able to get it for a while so changed the cargo to an 'experimental' ac so airlines can't buy it in the future.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: 3 Different PC-12s?

Post by Cat » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:46 am

Yeah no worries, just thought you should be aware, and yes there are still older PC12's out there .... I got a 2 million dollar free upgrade LOL
Bought it for 2.7 million and now worth 4.6 million.

Here's a thought:

Maybe when you have time, make the 45/47 but no longer available on the manufacturer list then put a "conversion" in place so owners of the older ones can upgrade to the NGX but they have to pay for it. 45/47's can still be bought and sold just like other classic aircraft on the Trader List or ordered off the out of production list. Somehow you would have to do a "fallback" to all those owners like me who have the older model for that conversion idea to work.

Both the old and new ones are fully convertible, you can pull all the seats and make it a cargo hauler, just like a Cessna Caravan or Quest Kodiak.... that is one of their big selling points, "multi mission capable with one aircraft".