Client 2.3.3 frequently stops flight simulator

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Tanukichi
Ticket Agent

Client 2.3.3 frequently stops flight simulator

Post by Tanukichi » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:43 am

Hello.
2.3.3 is used, but the client temporarily stops the flight simulator to read any data, such as loading an aircraft and entering it into a CDU, just before landing or during a cruise. frequently.

A comfortable flight is not possible. Can this problem be fixed?

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Client 2.3.3 frequently stops flight simulator

Post by Stan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:42 pm

I think Joe is away at the moment but i believe you can disable the autosave in the client options if it is giving you problems.Stan
Yours Stan

Tanukichi
Ticket Agent

Post by Tanukichi » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:56 am

Tanukichi wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:43 am
Hello.
2.3.3 is used, but the client temporarily stops the flight simulator to read any data, such as loading an aircraft and entering it into a CDU, just before landing or during a cruise. frequently.

A comfortable flight is not possible. Can this problem be fixed?
Try disabling autosave. Thank you.

Rhygorian
Ticket Agent

Post by Rhygorian » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:12 pm

I've experienced this same exact issue and it's at a far greater frequency than every 2 minutes as advertised. I have the autosave function disabled in the options. I am using the most current P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5 with WideFS7 and the FSAirlines Client v2.3.3; any help other than "disable the autosave function" would be amazing!

Edit: This issue isn't just a simple stutter either, it is causing my P3D to enter a "not responding" state while these saves happen making any flight take FAR longer than it should.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Are you using the Client as a plug in or stand alone?

Rhygorian
Ticket Agent

Post by Rhygorian » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:16 am

As a standalone - just as I do with XP11 without issue; I've never had this problem with XP11 and have never had the block for the auto save feature checked. To my knowledge v2.3.3 (if not all versions) of the Client uses FSUIPC / XPUIPC to interface with the Flight Simulator. So there is no way to utilize the Client as a plugin.

Edit: and to reiterate the issue - the Client is still performing auto saves even when the option is disabled in the settings menu of the FSAClient v2.3.3 on P3Dv4 v4.5.13.32097 (the most current as of this posting)

Edit2: DISREGARD MY POSTINGS - apparently more attention to detail is needed for the options as it states "disable auto save" - this is HIGHLY counter intuitive - typically a check indicates the option as active and none as inactive - when the option is to disable an option, this isn't very intuitive.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:47 pm

:shock: you are not the first and won't be the last to overlook something like that .. happens to us all. Glad it's working for you now. 8)

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Sorry for joining this party late, normally with the options the default is the 'off' position so that is why 'off' means auto save is on, I could reverse that in 3.4 but would hate to confuse ppl more. XP-11 does not have the problem since auto save does not function with XPUIPC.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

piciek
Rampie

Post by piciek » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:46 pm

I have same problem with this. When P3D freeze, i look to fsairlines.debug and i found this:
14.12.19 - 23:57:57 Debug: [CReport] Report-Backup has been created.
I checkup the fsairlines.ini and i have this:
[settings]
AutoLogin = 1
Tracker = 1
FSMessages = 1
SimpleFuel = 0
Sound = 1
PenaltiesOff = 0
DisableAutosave = 1
FSInterface = Automatic

[report]
Backup = 0
Continue = 0
Code = 0
And still have problem. That config is ok?

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:25 pm

I think the auto save feature is more trouble than it's worth. How are we supposed to put the aircraft back in the sky at the precise place, with the exact amout of fuel that was in it was when the sim crashes anyway? It does not "auto save" the sim flight, only the data on FSAirlines.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 pm

VegasTim wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:25 pm
I think the auto save feature is more trouble than it's worth. How are we supposed to put the aircraft back in the sky at the precise place, with the exact amout of fuel that was in it was when the sim crashes anyway? It does not "auto save" the sim flight, only the data on FSAirlines.
Actually it i saving the sim flight, thats the whole point and is what is causing the 'pauses' that pilots are reporting. To repeat what is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9499
Load the simulator then load the flight/scenario "FSA Autosave" and immediately pause the simulator.
Load the client, or if its already loaded press fly and the client will show three buttons similar to continue, view or delete the saved flight, press 'continue flight' and then when the client is ready you can un-pause the simulator and continue. If the simulator things the loaded flight does not match its saved data it will reject it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.