Planes refueling themselves magically

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Planes refueling themselves magically

Post by Captain K-Man » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:11 am

I don't know if the FSAirline's client is doing this or if its a bug in X-Plane 11.35 but I didn't have this problem until I updated both the sim and the client. I've had two flights aborted after landing because the plane magically starts refueling itself while I am taxing to the gate. I can see it on the fuel gauges. Gas just starts pumping in. I had this happen once before just after pushback from the gate. This has happened on the Flight Factor B757-200 and I just happened on the JRollen CRJ200. Any ideas?

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Planes refueling themselves magically

Post by Stan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:02 pm

Just be careful not to pass any automatic refueling points as you taxi.They are present in a lot of default airports.
Stan
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:35 pm

The only time the client will change the fuel is during the initial fuel loading screens in the client, after that it just reads. So if the fuel does go up beyond its margin of error it thinks there is unauthorized refueling and aborts the flight.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Post by Captain K-Man » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:44 am

This has to be a bug in those planes with the new 11.35 then. I landed at payware Aalborg on live stream and started the CRJ 200's APU while taxing in and heard a DING from the aural system and I look down to see the right tank is just.. FILLING up with fuel while I am taxing to the gate. Of course FSA was like CHEATER! ABORTED after 3 hours in the air.. -_-

The flight factor B757-200 has been flawless until I updated everything now twice I've just been strolling along on the ground, empty center tank.. I hear FSA DING at me and I look up and now the center tank has 2200kgs in it... Flight ABORTED. *sigh* I updates.. they break more than they fix.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:22 pm

That sounds so annoying, if it were me, and until they figure out the issue, as soon as you taxi off the runway come to a stop and set the parking brake for a second so the client will close the flight, then continue your procedure. The latest client does have a feature so if your sim crashes after you land it will record the flight as finished, but in that case it still has the last good read of data from the sim still in memory, but in this case the last read where it detected the change is what is in memory and to record that would include the un-planned refuel.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.