Cargo System/Packages

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Re: Cargo System/Packages

Post by Captain K-Man » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:47 pm

That would be great to get it exposed without bogging the database down. If they know they will get busted it should put the brakes on people who are just being jerks. Thanks for considering it Joe. Top notch customer support as always.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:55 am

Wow that is such BS! It makes me mad just hearing about those who only thrive on making other people miserable. Jealousy is an evil thing.

Captain K said:
"The quick fix we were talking about on our Discord was to be able to set who can and can't use the cargo package system by Rank. If we had the option to not allow the package system to be used until you reach a certain rank then we can weed out those who are just joining to wreck the airline's financial books."

You have that ability to set cargo permissions not only by rank but by fleet as well, you can limit a specific rank to any fleet or group of fleets or NO for cargo permissions.

Check Edit VA settings, then click on any rank and you will see it about in the middle of the page.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:59 am

It's in the Fleet Permissions section: "Handle Cargo" check Fleet box to assign specific fleets, check YES for all fleets (default) or check NO for no permissions to handle cargo.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:10 am

One more thing you can do - post a NOTAM to your pilots to go to Packages then VA Packages and check the list to see what is on their aircraft before they book their flight. They may find ground delivery packages that were forgotten for example at the end of the previous flight by another pilot. This will give them an opportunity to ground deliver them before they take off with those packages still on board. Ground delivery is NOT automatic, pilots must do them manually.

Also if you are checking your VA Packages tab daily, you can release recent adds with very little penalty, not like hanging onto them for days.

Perhaps the logic in the program should force the pilot loading to BE AT the airplane location, right now anybody can load anything anywhere in the airline if they have the permissions.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:04 am

The existing "Handle Cargo" is the ability to handle packages at any airport. But without that a pilot can handle packages for aircraft they have type ratings at the airport they are at. The proposed 'Pilot Cargo' would be the ability load any packages at all.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Post by Captain K-Man » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:44 pm

[quote=VegasTim post_id=45891 time=1574385015 user_id=6984]
One more thing you can do - post a NOTAM to your pilots to go to Packages then VA Packages and check the list to see what is on their aircraft before they book their flight. They may find ground delivery packages that were forgotten for example at the end of the previous flight by another pilot. This will give them an opportunity to ground deliver them before they take off with those packages still on board. Ground delivery is NOT automatic, pilots must do them manually.

Also if you are checking your VA Packages tab daily, you can release recent adds with very little penalty, not like hanging onto them for days.

Perhaps the logic in the program should force the pilot loading to BE AT the airplane location, right now anybody can load anything anywhere in the airline if they have the permissions.
[/quote]

Oh I am fully aware of all of that and my pilots have already been told repeatedly to make it part of their aircraft walk-around SOP to look before they leap but it still happens. See at first you could chalk it up to pilots forgetting to delivery their extra cargo for satellite airports but once you start paying attention you start to notice it isn't forgetful pilots. Its people being *(&@*%&*(% because they can. Sometimes the little children like to run around with sharp scissors cutting everyone because mommy and daddy didn't love them enough growing up.

And also, only my officers have permission to do cargo handling. All the regular pilot ranks are all flagged no already. We have over a 100 pilots running around doing their thing. That's a 100+ problems waiting to happen.

You can also see our Cargo Centers just getting absolutely stuffed with cargo and forgotten about or the cargo is being loaded in there on purpose with the hopes no one notices. I have on warehouse with several million dollars worth of cargo for one city... sitting in there since Nov 10th. Have no way of knowing who put all those packages in the warehouse to rot. They are all red now because means massive financial loss is coming when I dump the warehouse. Should not have to micro manage the kids. Tools for weeding out who is loading what will eliminate this problem

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Captain K-Man wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:44 pm
Joe, the current Cargo permission would at least stop people from loading cargo anywhere and everywhere though yes? They can still load up their plane at the airport they are at but nothing else right? If so I am down for that until you can get the management zero'd down further.
Thats correct without the current cargo permission they can only load aircraft at the airport they are located at and only if they could book that aircraft (assuming there was a route, which in this case is not required).

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Yeah, that is a a problem with large Virtual Airlines, one of the reasons I went and started my own in 2012. I was spending far too much of my time as CEO/admin and little time flying at a large VA. I shudder at the thought of 100+ pilots in my system and I salute you for having the ability to deal with such a large operation. Hopefully the punk(s) can be caught, proven guilty and then banned from FSA for life.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:06 am

Ok, I just pushed out some updates where you can now see the pilot who initially picked up a package and changed the cargo permissions to '"Manage Cargo" which was the old permission for handling at all airports and "Load Cargo" which is the permission for pilots at there airport. I have not done the change where when you get the charge for 'packages not delivered' it reports the pilot id but hopefully that will not be too long.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:33 pm

Joe, you are so awesome, that is a really good feature!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:48 pm

Moved the part of the thread that was a discussion of bugs into its own topic so I can lock the tips and trick topic.

Tilo
Ticket Agent

Post by Tilo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 am

Hallo Leute, das neue Frachtsystem ist meiner Meinung nach absolut daneben, denn ich persönlich möchte nicht ewig lange irgend welche Frachten Planen und so um fliegen zu können. Wie bei dem alten System ist möchte ich einfach einen Flug auswählen und los fliegen. Ich fliege am liebsten Frachten und keine Passagiere und werde vom System selbst bei einem 100% Flug mit Negativen Beträgen bestraft, nur weil das Frachtsystem schon zu wenig Fracht für Langstrecken lädt!

Gerade musste ich 1000 Pakete manuell unter Virtuelle Airline => Pakete auswählen, kann damit aber gar nichts anstellen, da sich die Pakete weder abliefern noch sonst irgendwie verarbeiten lassen. Und der Button "Select" unter Available Packages funktioniert überhaupt nicht, egal was ich in den Auswahllisten eine Zeile darüber wähle (Siehe Bild)!

Das nervt echt, das man seine Frachten mit diesem System selbst bearbeiten muss, aber nicht kann, weil nichts so funktioniert wie es soll! Ich bin so was von Sauer, denn ich möchte doch nur fliegen und meine PMDG's muss ich ja vorher auch noch programmieren und beladen und nun muss man die Frachten noch selber planen.
Bild: https://abload.de/img/fsairlines_frachtd0j0e.png
Unsere kleine Fluggesellschaft Euro Airwings Germany (EAG) bei FSAirlines.net!

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Tilo I think I see one thing you are doing, you are going to the packages under Virtual Airline which is much more complicated to use, instead after booking your flight choose "Select Packages" (Pakete Auswahlen) in right side options immediately after booking your flight (Flug Buchen). This is designed for pilots about to fly, just select packages going to the airport you are flying to and try to keep it simple for now.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:08 pm

NEW BUG: VA PACKAGES NO PACKAGES FOUND

We had a 747 fully loaded and now all those packages have disappeared with the flight still booked. ????? :shock:

N744RU KLAX-KORD Packages accepted Jan 31.

Was there a package update that erased some things maybe?

We seem to have been "robbed in the night" as a booked plane is now empty. :roll:

UPDATE: PACKAGE SYSTEM DATABASE IS BROKEN! I just booked a flight in KBNA to KDTW, went to Select Packages tab and got NO FLIGHT FOUND! message. Yet the flight data is there when I look at it.

UPDATE 2: Cannot load any aircraft in the airline, it seems the aircraft part of the Packages database is missing. I tried from Airport Packages tab as well as from airline Packages tab on the left margin.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:28 pm

Same here - when I try to load packages into a booked flight, I get the "no flight found" message.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong