Cargo System/Packages

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cat
Chief Pilot

Re: Cargo System/Packages

Post by Cat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:09 am

WELL ..... drum roll ..... here it is my very first video I've ever made ..... hope it helps someone understand the Package Cargo System a little better.

https://youtu.be/BunRxuDs0RE

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Cat wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:09 am
WELL ..... drum roll ..... here it is my very first video I've ever made ..... hope it helps someone understand the Package Cargo System a little better.

https://youtu.be/BunRxuDs0RE
Hi Sam, that is great! Sorry I did not get to see it till just now, it’s been crazy busy at work and this weekend the misses and I are traveling, but this morning I have a little time as she is still napping and the cabin we rented has cell phone service. I will copy the link to the beginning of this post so it’s easier to find.

Edit: Of course you also pointed out an error in the cargo cap of the 737-700 which now I feel I need to go fix.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:11 pm

[quote=Cat post_id=45633 time=1568134366 user_id=45703]
I can work on one - it will be of a "slideshow" than a video tho.
[/quote]

It would be very appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi !
We have warned that, specially for "not crowded" destination airports, usually there are not packages enough to fill out the aircraft. So we ask to load the plane with packages to destination others than the main one, within the 100 NM limit, which can be delivered by road or surface. In spite of this, too many packages remain into the warehouse when the plane leaves the origin airport. The point is... is there any posibility to enlarge the 100 NM limit to 150 NM, or even better, 200 NM?
Thank you in advance for your answer.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 pm

We have found you do not have to be stuffed full of package cargo to make a profit. In fact you can still make a profit with just passengers and generic cargo. So any little you can grab will help for sure. The biggest thing to teach, I think, is to get pilots to only take what can be delivered on time. It is far too easy to take more than one can handle and then get charged for late delivery instead of making extra money.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:34 pm

ive done a couple of flights with the Antonov A124 ( in the middle of one today), the total distance needed to travel from for example KMIA to EGLL is more than the Max fuel plus full 100,000 KG Cargo will allow, so i have to divert the flight to refuel and carry on. little bit of a pain but i suppose its realistic to real live Cargo flying.

would you consider adding the 747-400 LCF dreamlifter and Beluga XL and ST to the 100,000 KG fleet?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:51 pm

The LCF can carry 100,000 kg but we don't allow it because based on its type certificate it can't be sold commercially and can not be chartered by third parties, it's just for Boeing's internal use. The Beluga is of course available in the system but can only carry 47,000 kg of cargo. The thing to remember with both those AC is they were created to add volume not weight, both can carry less than the aircraft they were modified from.

Edit: Actually this makes me think, aircraft like the Beluga, LCF and earlier super guppies were designed for large, oversized cargos, I could see making a change where these aircraft could carry only 20,000 kg (or larger) cargo and no smaller or generic cargo as there holds were really not designed for general freight. While aircraft like the AN-124 can carry the large items but also lots of small items.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:01 am

[quote=Tower post_id=45646 time=1568575956 user_id=46072]
Hi !
We have warned that, specially for "not crowded" destination airports, usually there are not packages enough to fill out the aircraft. So we ask to load the plane with packages to destination others than the main one, within the 100 NM limit, which can be delivered by road or surface. In spite of this, too many packages remain into the warehouse when the plane leaves the origin airport. The point is... is there any posibility to enlarge the 100 NM limit to 150 NM, or even better, 200 NM?
Thank you in advance for your answer.[/quote]

Any idea about this suggestion??

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:43 am

the problem with extending the delivery radius beyond 100 nm is that 100 nm is the distance where they start to be placed we would not want someone to be able to pick up a package and then deliver it without actually flying anywhere. But sure you suggest we have different delivery radius's for packages that have different delivery distances, but then we will have those who complain that they can deliver package x but not package y and don't understand the difference between them. Its a trade off between usability and flexibility.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:07 pm

Ok. I understand. A package to be delivered more than 100 NM away, should be delivey by plane, preferably, instead of surface transport.
Thank you for your answer.

Tower
Ticket Agent

Post by Tower » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:43 am

One more question... When we started using the new package system, pilots do not know excatly what to do, and they loaded into the aircraft all avalible packages, not only for destination airport and others into de 100NM radio, but many others that we are not able to dellivery, due to the fact we do not fly those airports.
So, those packages (many of them loaded on AUG 27th) are still forgotten into the planes, marked in red, and we do not know a way to release (o simply "delete") them, even accepting a fine.
How can we do that?

Thanks.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Question to all: Should I do another video tutorial on how the ground delivery system works? It is a big tricky as you have to get to packages/va packages and select deliver / submit BEFORE that airplane is booked on it's next flight. AND most do not realize if you are picking 100nm packages you are delivering them for free. 1% the package value PER MILE is the ground charge. So at 50nm you are only getting 50% value.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:43 am

Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:10 pm
Question to all: Should I do another video tutorial on how the ground delivery system works? It is a big tricky as you have to get to packages/va packages and select deliver / submit BEFORE that airplane is booked on it's next flight. AND most do not realize if you are picking 100nm packages you are delivering them for free. 1% the package value PER MILE is the ground charge. So at 50nm you are only getting 50% value.
I think it probably would be useful. I see there are a couple areas of the system that need some improvement, namely unloading and delivering packages. I am thinking the VA Packages page that shows all loaded planes needs an options for always unloaded, even if the packages has been moved and not in range to deliver. Also maybe some 'auto delivery' options where if you get it close enough to the destination you don't have to find the right page and push 'deliver' to send it to its destination. Thoughts on what need improving?

AdySmith
Flight Attendant

Post by AdySmith » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:06 am

[quote=Tower post_id=45668 time=1568886239 user_id=46072]
One more question... When we started using the new package system, pilots do not know excatly what to do, and they loaded into the aircraft all avalible packages, not only for destination airport and others into de 100NM radio, but many others that we are not able to dellivery, due to the fact we do not fly those airports.
So, those packages (many of them loaded on AUG 27th) are still forgotten into the planes, marked in red, and we do not know a way to release (o simply "delete") them, even accepting a fine.
How can we do that?

Thanks.
[/quote]

I would echo that sentiment, I (mistakenly) though that if I was going to Liverpool I could load packages for Manchester and they would be dropped off at Liverpool for onward despatch.

They don't, so now I have a hold full of packages, I can't recall where they were originally destined, and I can't load much more that I will take where it was going.

How do I find out what is in my aircraft and where it was meantto go (and what if I don't have a route to that destination)?

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Under your airline on the left side, click PACKAGES. Then in the far upper corner click VA PACKAGES. This will show you the location of every package your airline has accepted, on what airplane or in what Airport Center they are located and their status. If they have gone red you will take a financial loss.

To Release packages, select Release box on packages that you want to release then click SUBMIT and you will be billed accordingly as the packages are released. NOTE: You cannot deliver or release packages from an aircraft that has a flight currently booked.

I am going to work on another video showing the delivery system soon.

Hopes this helps,

Happy Flying!

Samantha, aka "Sam" / "Cat" Scott
COO Fly Vegas