Overweight Landings Constantly and ToLiS A319 Fuel Max Problems

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Overweight Landings Constantly and ToLiS A319 Fuel Max Problems

Post by Captain K-Man » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:39 pm

I have a few pilots who report always getting "Overweight Landing" penalties on their flights. In review, they are in fact getting them in their record books, especially 738 flights. Now quite often our planes are stuffed full of PAX and Cargo and fuel. We don't exceed MTOW though but get busted for landing weights. Shouldn't the fuel burn off be taken into account? Is it bugging out on us? What do we need to look for to make sure this won't happen on a flight?

I also noticed the ToLiS A319's (X-Plane 11) is grossly misreported in the FSAirlines client. It shows the left wing tank total allowed fuel as 11000+ while the right wing only holds 1500 lbs? Is this something that has to be fixed in the airplane in the sim itself? Every plane I have used in X-Plane with FSAirlines client has reported fuel loads correctly and max loads per tank. The ToLiS is the exception.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Overweight Landings Constantly and ToLiS A319 Fuel Max Problems

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Unfortunately while in FSUIPC the numbers that identify fuel tank positions are consistent, they are not consistent in XPUIPC and the client can get the tank names wrong.

Normally it is the pilots job to estimate there fuel usage, the FSA briefing document shows an estimated fuel based on past flights or manufacturer specs (whichever is greater) but we have seen many XP aircraft have very inaccurate fuel usage and that will make the pilots job more difficult . I am not sure what the solution to that is.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Captain K-Man
Ticket Agent

Post by Captain K-Man » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Yeah. XPUIPC is need of some much needed upgrading. I noticed the client will still put fuel into the ToLiS just fine... but I also noticed too late that if you type in fuel value that exceeds the max reported for a certain tank and click FUEL UP! it actually doesn't fuel up the plane nor give you a warning that it didn't do so. It goes right into Fly Now! I had a rather embarrassing trip from LPPT to EDDB on live stream as my A319 suddenly dinged at me that it was super low on fuel.. and I was like... What? I put 8500kgs in the tanks... but it showed only 1000 remaining. So now I just learn to deal with it. Thanks for the insight.

glennscot
Ticket Agent

Post by glennscot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:41 am

Im a new pilot and new to FSA, as Joe can vouch for..thankyou for the previous help. I have just completed a route EGLL-OMDB, the estimated fuel in the brief was 173,347lbs, so I went along with that. On arrival at Dubai on completion I still had 73,746lbs left and incurred a weight critique on my flight, that seems to be a lot of difference, any answers or help would be appreciated.

mark171
Ticket Agent

Post by mark171 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 pm

The reduced fuel burn could be the result of a strong tail-wind pushing you to Dubai and/or the flight model you are using may have an inaccurate fuel burn. Trying a few more flights and comparing the results should help identify the problem.
Regards,
Mark