A319 FSL not recognized

Please report Bugs and Problems here
FLR2109
Ticket Agent

A319 FSL not recognized

Post by FLR2109 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:56 am

Hi,
I have the new A319 FSLabs insalled. When I want run the fight with the tracker I have an error "Wrong Aitcraft".
I read about this error and I haven't found a solution.

Thanks for your help
Best Regards
Yvan Muster

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: A319 FSL not recognized

Post by joefremont » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:18 pm

We just someone else ask the same question as a support ticket.

Most probably its the weights, check the values in the aircraft.cfg files, based on our database they should be this:

[weight_and_balance]
max_gross_weight = 166449
empty_weight = 87579

If not you may want to contact FlightsimLabs and see what they say, but based on other contact we have had with them they may not be very responsive. You could modify it yourself but be careful as you may throw off the flight dynamics.

Please report back whats in the weight_and_balance section of your aircraft.cfg file.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Bigdog2995
Ticket Agent

Post by Bigdog2995 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:39 am

Many years ago, I recall having this problem, too long to remember exactly, but I think it was in the wording of what the aircraft was called in the CFG, might have had a dot or a space or something, I'd check that aswell.

FLR2109
Ticket Agent

Post by FLR2109 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 am

Hello,
I changed the weights in aircraft.cfg but when I run P3D4.3 with the new values, The FSL has again the old values automtically.

I wrote on the french forum who is 2 FSLabs members. The problem is the A319 CFM's GW : 122000lbs. For the A319 IAE's GW is ~166000lbs. The error is here.
I had a response which say me to see with FSAirlines ... but the error is with FSLabs because I read a Airbus's document where the GW is between 145000 and 166000 lbs ... wait and see.. for the mement I use the IAE version.

sorry for my english :wink:
Best Regards
Yvan Muster

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Very odd that the weights between the CFM and IAE version are so different, I wonder what excuse they will come up with to explain it.

I had dealings with them in trying to figure out fuel usage, at times, for some reason when we read the fuel levels during the flight, the amount of fuel in the fuel tanks would go up by a fairly significant amount. When I tried to get there help so I could find out the total fuel on the AC, they essentially responded that there fuel handling system was so advanced we could not understand it using standard software, and they could not do anything to help us.

So good luck, and your english was great!

KVL04KG
Ticket Agent

Post by KVL04KG » Wed May 22, 2019 10:31 am

Hello to all!

Any updates about this problem?

I cannot use the last version of FSLABS A319 with FSA (wrong aircraft)...

Thank you very much for your help

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed May 22, 2019 3:15 pm

KVL04KG wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:31 am
Hello to all!

Any updates about this problem?

I cannot use the last version of FSLABS A319 with FSA (wrong aircraft)...

Thank you very much for your help
The problem was the max_gross_weight property in the aircraft cfg file. Adjust it as described above. Apparently different repaints have different values,FSL confirmed it was wrong and safe to change.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Client is telling "Wrong Aircraft"

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:10 am

Greetings.

I booked a Venture Hawaii flight, VHE5921 (Lufthansa D-AIBI) in the FS Labs A319-100 in P3Dv4.5 (HF2).

I have that aircraft loaded in the sim at LIEO and the Client is telling me I have the wrong aircraft.

What is up with that? I flew an FS Labs A319 yesterday evening and there was not any problems.

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client is telling "Wrong Aircraft"

Post by joefremont » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:26 am

flugkapitan wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:10 am
Greetings.

I booked a Venture Hawaii flight, VHE5921 (Lufthansa D-AIBI) in the FS Labs A319-100 in P3Dv4.5 (HF2).

I have that aircraft loaded in the sim at LIEO and the Client is telling me I have the wrong aircraft.

What is up with that? I flew an FS Labs A319 yesterday evening and there was not any problems.

Scott
Scott I merged your question into the topic where we discussed that very issue.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:00 am

Hi Joe,

Thanks for that! I seemed to remember something like that cropped up a while back. Did a search for it, but couldn't find it.

I re-started the sim and this time loaded the British Airways A319 that I flew last night and all was good with the Client.

When I have time I'll have to look at the weights of the A319's I have installed.

Edit: Yep, it was the CFM engine version of the Lufthansa model I had loaded that was the culprit :oops:

I had just updated to the latest version a few days ago and re-installed the liveries,

Cheers,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:51 am

I love FS Labs Airbuses, but I wish they made the aircraft CFG more user friendly!

I edited the A319 CFM CFG file as noted above, but whenever I launch one of those aircraft, FS Labs re-writes the weight values to the original ones :x

Is there any way the Client could be modified to allow the use of the CFM variant?

Cheers,
Scott

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:29 pm

flugkapitan wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:51 am
I love FS Labs Airbuses, but I wish they made the aircraft CFG more user friendly!

I edited the A319 CFM CFG file as noted above, but whenever I launch one of those aircraft, FS Labs re-writes the weight values to the original ones :x

Is there any way the Client could be modified to allow the use of the CFM variant?

Cheers,
Scott
The thing is I modify it the last time, the thing is with the FSLabs the weights are in the liveries, so if the livery your using has the wrong weights, you have to pick a different one.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Post by flugkapitan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Ok,

Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott